Should I, Shouldn't I???????

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Where to start had our P1 for 3 years & recently changed for the WR1.

The P1 is the best car we have owned & being totally honest I prefer it to the WR1 [:D]

Ours had 40k on the clock when we bought it & sold with 69k, no engine problems at all, they do have a tendancy to pop engines but think a lot depends on how they are looked after.

Few pointers below, just my opinion [:D]

Always warm up and cool down properly

Fit knock link and quality guages, never let oil temp go above 117 degrees

Avoid cars with induction kits and or decats, unless been remapped

Most P1 engines blow due to faulty MAF sensors, signs are eratic idle and lumpy running at low revs usually doesnt bring on the check engine light, we changed the MAF annually £75 & easy DIY job

Other causes can be, been on motorway at prolonged silly speed, decats or induction kits fitted without remap (makes engine detonate at high revs)

See you have found the P1 WOC, great site for P1 info and a good bunch peeps [:D]

Car at Lichfiekds now sold, know car and owner, it was a real minter

Advice from me would be to buy a standard P1 with full Subaru history and a warranty.

They are a tremendous drivers car but do need to be looked after.

If I can be of further help let me know [:D]

Cheers Paul

There speaks one who knows!

who is Jenni BTW? I would like to get her opinion on them.

she is a member of CADS, pm Bob and he would give you her details, you never know she might see this thread and reply anyway

Everyone should have everyone elses contact details cos I email an updated version after each meet.[:D]

you will Soph, as it will be a couple of weeks before i let her go[;)]

Im dreading it, i can feel the tears welling up, just thinking about handing the keys over to a total stranger[:'(]

I wont be getting a P1 straight away, as i will be on the lookout for a decent one, so it wont be like i'll have a replacement straightaway.

jak

you will Soph, as it will be a couple of weeks before i let her go[;)]

Im dreading it, i can feel the tears welling up, just thinking about handing the keys over to a total stranger[:'(]

I wont be getting a P1 straight away, as i will be on the lookout for a decent one, so it wont be like i'll have a replacement straightaway.

jak

Just thought a Pink P1. Mental.....[:P]

Hi Jackie - Welcome to CADS! I've had my P1 for 5 months now and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't look forward to driving it!

As Paul said, if you look after it (allow it to warm up before you boot it and cool down before you turn the engine off, regular service 7,500 or 6mnths) you should be fine. I noticed the picture posted - was that from Graham Walker? I bought mine from there, and they've been great if I've ever needed to query anything with them.

you will Soph, as it will be a couple of weeks before i let her go[:)]

jak

Just thought a Pink P1. Mental.....[:P]

Good thought[:(] but it wouldnt keep its value as much [;)]