cold air info....anyone

I currently have the HKS Powerflow or Hyperflow(can't be bothered goin out to check)induction kit

on my car and i'm about to fit a decat downpipe.

Would i be better to keep this induction kit or put my original box with an uprated panel filter back in the car.?

Also,i was thinking about making a steel box to come from my wing to the filter if fitted just to draw more air....question is,

if i keep induction kit is it possible to do the same with that.?

Please excuse the dumb ass questions as i don't do many performance mods.

Cheers

Del.

I have an Apexi induction kit on my car but that is only because I have to. When I went FMIC the pipework means that the airbox is in the way and has to go, if I could have kept it I would.

An airbox with an STI panel filter would be my weapon of choice and has been proven up to 350bhp.

If you decide to keep the kit I'd recommend boxing it off as you said or making a dividing wall at the very least to keep the inlet temps down. Some sort of cold air ducting wouldn't go amis either.

Like Colin says, air box and good panel is good for upto 350 so unless you are nudging those figures or are going to be soon then really no need for induction.

If i knew i could get the figures and performance from the standard set up i would put it back on but i need my induction kit.

face-icon-small-smile.gif

Thanks people,i am not anywhere near those figures,more like 265bhp.

I've got a sheet of metal that i think i'll form so that it connects my panel filter to the wing

of the car....then sell the induction kit and buy a half decent filter.

Decision made.

Del.

<< Thanks people,i am not anywhere near those figures,more like 265bhp.

I've got a sheet of metal that i think i'll form so that it connects my panel filter to the wing

of the car....then sell the induction kit and buy a half decent filter.

Decision made.

Del. >>

From what you say Del, are you meaning that you are going to take the air feed from the inner wing into your standard air box instead of using the standard air feed from the front of the bonnet???

If so, interesting............let us know how it works out face-icon-small-wink.gif