Glasgow to KH (SIDC sunday)

aye those times were a bit late actually, was thinking that.

ASDA ,ROBROYSTON, GLASGOW-0700hrs******IN ORDER TO GET THERE FOR THE SAFETY BRIEFING

1.Gumball

2. Dougster (possibly)

3. GordyN01

WASTEGROUND,KINCARDINE BRIDGE- 0720hrs******IN ORDER TO GET THERE FOR THE SAFETY BRIEFING

1. stephen

2. the guy in the impreza with the spare wheels

ASDA ,ROBROYSTON, GLASGOW-0700hrs******IN ORDER TO GET THERE FOR THE SAFETY BRIEFING

1.Gumball

2. Dougster (possibly)

3. GordyN01

4. FAI17

5. G6RAY

WASTEGROUND,KINCARDINE BRIDGE- 0720hrs******IN ORDER TO GET THERE FOR THE SAFETY BRIEFING

1. stephen

Gumball:How come you are going up for the briefing?When you are not on track(just curious m8)

7:20 is fine, if not a touch early. But I will be there. On one condition ...........

The bowtrees roundabout might be shut this weekend. The nadics website is being being particularly useless just now, and only says those roadworks are due to start again at "the end of september", and they only fall on weekends, so that would make this weekend a likely choice. I forgot to look at the signs on my way past this morning, but I'll do it later.

So if we do need to change routes is it quicker going round the back of Stirling and Alloa (my alternative route to work) or over the Forth?

If going via the forth then showcase or the Harthill services would be a good meeting spot. Round the backroad then the services at Stirling as the second meeting point probably.

as mentioned in an earlier thread. the roadworks at this location are finished by teh time the SIDC trackday commences.

No need to worry.

0720 a little early? time we get up to KH after taking it easy...........no bigends need go by caning it up there before you even start.

if your going on then you need to be there for the safety brieifing which i understands starts at 0800hrs.

1.Gumball

2. Dougster (possibly)

3. GordyN01

4. FAI17

5. G6ARY

1. stephen

3. Cal

Chris, those roadworks at the bowtrees were supposed to be continuous for a certain number of weeks, but they seem to have stopped them for a month or so, and as such they still have time left to run.

As I said though, the Nadics website is utterly useless and doesn't give a date when they're due to restart. Just "end of september".

Checked at the roundabout this evening and there was no signs. I asked in the shell garage when I was in for my petrol. The girl in shell said that they were supposed to be taking a 4 week break on the roadworks, but that 4 weeks has now passed, but they've not started again yet and she doesn't think they're on this week.

So I will see you all about 7:20 or so at the waste ground.

If the Bowtrees is closed, take the Larbert turnoff on the M876, head straight through the roundabouts following the main road past the old Bellsdyke hospital. Just after you've passed over the motorway, turn left towards Airth Castle. Turn left at the T junction at the end of that road then right into the golf centre and follow the single track road I've mentioned previously - takes you out just before the K bridge, but there's a right turn there available into the waste ground/BP garage. Hope that helps!

Quick bump in case anyone missed this, and confirmation that we're good for the roadworks:

"Reconstruction work on the M876 Bowtrees roundabout (the primary access route to the Kincardine Bridge) will take place during six weekends between 7.30pm Friday and 6am Monday. The next scheduled works begin on Friday 30th September. "

I shall see you chaps around the 20 past 7 mark in the waste ground, or probably in the shell station knowing us petrolholics.