What would be the weight of a 17" STI wheel + tyre?

Avoid the biggest, most well known parcel delivery force who are royally incompetent - I have used them MANY times and in the 7 different written letters of complaint on seperate occasions and one to trading standards about their service I have never, not once received a reply.

I used them 22 times last year and they failed to uplift at the correct time always and most of the time did not uplift at all when booked - most of the time I had to take the item to the depot ("we couldn't find the address", "he is having his tea", "he is just coming now" (at 6:30 PM - yeah right), "There was a problem with the van", etc. 50% of the time the stuff arrived to me or the destination late for timed deliveries and they are SEVERELY overpriced when it comes to insurance and charges for non-VAT registered customers (ie the ordinary user). I have claimed back the delivery charge several times and on a few occasions they have "supended insurance guarantees due to adverse weather".

All in my personal opinion - these are not the views of SIDC, its elected members, staff or other forum users.

Ask Grant aka TheSquirrel555 what the situation is - he works forDHL.

Brian face-icon-small-happy.gif

depends on the tyre mate, i just weighed one for you with a michelin pliot tyre and it was 20kg on the button, if it's bridgestone with the heavier sidewall that may take it up to 22kg but should be no more than that.

personally i've been lucky with royal snail - if you can sneak the parcel under the 20kg then it can go their standard parcel rate which is only£11 for 20kg. I'm guessing these will probably be more so you could be looking at around £50-60 for their parcelforce 48 hour job.

If you can put it thro a business then TNT are quite cheap - got a friend with a business?

i hope that helps

Martin