Scooby newbie.....

Hi all, I am from Kent and picked up my 1st one at the weekend - WRX Sportswagon and the grin is constant :-). How do you join the Kent branch?

As a noob a few questions if anyone could answer please...

1) Why is it best to let the car idle for a few minutes before switching off?

2) As it's AWD if you have to replace a worn tyre and the pattern doesn't match the rest that you should replace all 4? (££££)

3) I am going across the water in a few weeks - does anyone know the RON grades abroad /France/Germany/Holland

4) There are a few scuffs on the alloys - how best to treat them and anyone know where you could get them refurb?

5) Anything else I should be aware of? (apart from the yellow perills at the side of the road)

Thanks in advance

Sheepie

How to join KentScoobies

Sign in above, just to make yourself known and watch the space for meets so peeps can 'put the face to name'. Pele runs KentScoobies and she is face-icon-small-cool.gif.

1-- After a hard drive, i.e motorway drive, just slow down say 3-5 miles before your destination. Don't over-rev the engine and don't pull away drastically. Alternatively just idle the car for a couple of minutes, you normally hear a change in engine tone.

2 -- For even wear on tyres, you should swap the tyres round every 4000-5000 miles. swap the left front for the left rear and same for the right side.

Alternatively, change two rears, but if money is not an issue change all four and sell the used ones.

3 --

4 --

Overall don't forget to join SIDC to get 10% discount, parts and service @ selected subaru dealers.

Thanks Ade face-icon-small-wink.gif

Sheepie, the reason you should let the car idle, or drive it gently for the last few miles is so the oil gets a chance to go round the turbo - this will prolong the life of your turbo face-icon-small-smile.gif

The best place to sort out scuffs is Lepsoms in Strood, I'm sure someone will add the phone number for me face-icon-small-happy.gif

As for how to join, as Ade said, sign in on the thread at the top of the page and send me an e-mil so I know the e-mail addy and you will then be on the mailing list and will recieve mails letting you know what meets we are having etc...

As for the driving abroad, I don't know on that point, but there are people on here who will probably be able to answer that question when they come on line face-icon-small-smile.gif

Anything else you should be aware of? well yes, you have just entered a world of spend, spend, spend face-icon-small-wink.gif It's never quite fast enough....

Hey Sheepie,

I'm from Kent too and there is a place in Gillingham called Lepsoms that can fix most scuffs with your wheels. I've been told by them that it takes 3 days and costs around £50 per wheel. I had some wheels fixed before my scoobie and they made a really good job. I think that the reason to take it steady before turning off is to do with cooling the turbo so as to avoid damage.

Avoid my mother inlaw, shes horrible.

Hope this helps

Daveface-icon-small-wink.gif

And the last time I had my car serviced at Waldonway I was sitting in the reception when I heard a car being nailed down the road and looked round just in time to see mine being thrashed down the road - needless to say I wasn't happy about it & complained - I can thrash it because I own it, how dare they - they weren't interested and when I asked to see the culprit I was told he wasn't available...