Car Cover Completion

Hi - update on the car cover. I had a think to myself and decided to put myself out there and contact the seller on Gumtree as recommended by ccrien as it looked like it would be a good fit. I was a bit unsure as Gumtree is usually cash locally but I got in touch with the seller and put my faith in a scooby owner! He has been great and after arranging payment the cover arrived today and fits perfectly. So good news all round, and no frost/snow on my scoob this winter :thumbs:

Thanks again ccrien, that worked well. And thanks guys for the other suggestions - the Forum is really helpful.

Just working on that - took some recent autumn pics of the scoob , waiting on the weather improving for the cover pics (its raining again in Scotland, who knew!). Plus I just got new plugs on the motor today and its running beautifully - roarin like a lion! Seems faster too.

Hi Stano, I did consider Halfords but wasn't sure about the fit. I got the cover on Gumtree second hand and there was only one - its a perfect fit including the spoiler and says it covers WRXs up to '07. It does sell new on Scoobyworld for around £80 - its good quality and lightish so easy enough to put on. To be recommended. I put it on tonight cos its freezin fog tonight here and was frosty this morning. :wave:

Hope this helps.

Oh, I should have added its a Voyager Impreza car cover if you're lookin for it on Scoobyworld or on Ebay - I think there was one there available for less when I last looked.

Edited by db scoob
  • 3 months later...

Hey DB Scoob

So I decided to finally purchase the Car cover. went to Halfords, which is about 10min drive away.

they had the option of 4.6m and 5.2m length covers.

I opted for the 5.2m XL which I thought would compensate for the rear spoiler.

cost me £50, and with an option to return after 28days if I was not happy with the product I decided to give it a try.

it fits nicely, little big, but it does have 3 straps for securing firmly around the car. 1 below the rear bumper, 1 below the front, and one in the middle.

I know it can be a nightmare getting a cover for the scoob, so this is just another option for anybody looking to purchase a cover.

WP_20160207_003.jpg

WP_20160207_001.jpg