Reading Matter

Hi there, thought Id post something different.

I just bought the Haynes Enthusiast Guide to the Subaru Impreza and cannot wait for some great bedtime reading - has anyone read this and does anyone have any comments.

I hope to be an complete expert on the Scoob very soon and know my Prodrive from my RA-R - I also spotted a prototype convertible in the book, could be the next big thing!

In addition to this, whats opinion on Jap tuner mags - I personally prefer Japanese Performance (its a bit more tech) as my chosen read but theres also Banzai which is not too shabby. Or are there better ones out there?

Please post your replies here :P

Bought a Haynes book a few years ago but sounds like a different one -for just a few pounds from bookworks or something like that ( the bargain shops at outlet centres). Lots of reading in there, certainly makes you realise how many different versions and "special editions" of Impreza there are, and the book really covers a fraction of them. Didn't spot any convertible in mine? Only fault is that it's a compilation of Autocar road tests over the years, so it's written from the point of a professional road tester ( and from the perspective of a new Impreza for "joe public" against other cars available at that time - rather than from a Subaru enthusiasts point of view. If that makes sense? ). They also did a similar book but just the history of the Impreza rally cars. Bargains. Sad case that I am, also bought the US Haynes workshop manual for the forester and legacy from Amazon, and sometimes just read through that to understand how my foresters built, and prime myself ready for any minor fixes!post-22731-0-77367000-1443859028_thumb.j

Edited by ccrien

Hi ccrien, my book is written by Chris Rees who is a motoring journalist and wrote for Japanese Performance mag amongst others and has owned at least three scoobs - it covers all the different types and has a section on rallying and he does seem to be a real enthusiast having driven them himself. It also has a basic maintenance section (which is pretty basic) and at the back a list of stats for all the different models. Looks to be a good read - I got it from Amazon too for around £7 incl P&P.

Nothing like a bit of reading on the scoobs of a Saturday night lol :headbang: