Handbrake Problem

If its new shoes and discs they will need to bed in then be re adjusted, I have seen a cable being tight at the front and the rear moving with no effect on braking being caused by the retaining springs being too tight on the backing plate

all springs replayed and all been on car 2 weeks now and cars driven every day and its the shoes in side discs

all springs replayed and all been on car 2 weeks now and cars driven every day and its the shoes in side discs

Where are u located?

The shoes need to bed in on the drum face as it is smooth to start with and the friction surface will rough it up

Edited by scoobywho

Where are u located?

The shoes need to bed in on the disc face as it is smooth to start with and the friction surface will rough it up

kilsyth going go see hiyper tec on sat to see if they can help as need to go see them to see y it wont start some times just tho id ask on here first incase someone had the same problem and could of helped n could of fixed it my self in work

kilsyth going go see hiyper tec on sat to see if they can help as need to go see them to see y it wont start some times just tho id ask on here first incase someone had the same problem and could of helped n could of fixed it my self in work

We are in bishopbriggs, plenty of rear impreza brake shoes done without problem, the poll has a spring over one end if that is missing it may cause the problem

• 2 weeks later...