More Movie News

well again been a month or so since the last one.

went to see STAR TREK loved it,. special effects, story , action , some comedy bits from simon peg , wee bit OTT with the sherlock holmes guy that was on top gear tonight as khan who just tore apart loads of klingons single handed. one man killing machine that he is .

As much as i said i wouldnt go to see WORLD WAR Z against my better judgement i did , have to say it started off well , like the bits filmed in glasgow etc , but then seriously went down hill and fast BRAD PITT could have a nuke go off a mile away from him and only have a cardboard box to protect him and hed survive, and just made some of the most daft mistakes that youd do in that situation in the last 1/4 of the movie. tho it does prove and show that duct tape will be very handy in any situation including a zombie appocolypse lol

last 2 i saw were SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL - well no realy story , but if you dont mind seeing things get blown up, smashed, flattened , smashed again then blown up just to be safe and the ladys like to see the wee boy from tristian + isolde developed into a rippling muscle machine that is superman then its a winner. i enjoyed it for the fact i could just switch off ,sit back and watch the planet get destroyed .the misus liked it for the half naked torso shots of superman .

sat night there me and some lads went to pub and then decided to stop in and see PACIFIC RIM 3D -

another no abd film , again only so much you can expect from giant robots smashing giant monsters out of a japanese or chinese comic book genre - acting was good apart from one dodgey OZ accent , story was ok enough , effects were good , tho again some stupid bits that you think when you get out why didnt they just do or use that in the first place than do some dodgey fighting . but i was suprised at how much i liked it .

NOW

WHAT i see on the horizon and was suprised i hadnt heard it sooner is

RIDDICK

yup i had heard rumours but nowt concrete , then saw the adverts for it coming to the movies.

vins back in his role and it looks decent enough getin back to the routes of the first film id say , tho id love to know what happend to the all conquering under army he took control of from the 2nd film at the end so hope that gets explained in this .

THE WOLVERINE

THOR INTO DARKNESS

suppose itl be a wee gap filler until avengers 2 finishes filming

ESCAPE PLAN

got arnie, sly stalone, 50 cent and cuple other known faces

looks not too bad , sly being an escape artist from pirson

RIPD

wee comedy from ryan reynolds and jeff bridges, still prefer him in blade etc

- 2 GUNS

Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg lead an all-star cast in 2 Guns, an explosive action film that tracks two operatives from competing bureaus who are forced on the run together. But there is a big problem with their unique alliance: Neither knows that the other is an undercover federal agent

- 300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE

OH F##K YES , ENOUGH SAID IF YOUVE SAW 300 AND HAD THE HAIRS ON YOUR ARMS STAND ON END AT BATTLE CRIES, GORE,BLOOD VIOLENCE