Quick Response Needed Thanks.

my exhaust snapped in half at the resonator 2 weeks ago and the engine management light came on less than 30 days after me buying the car. took it to the garage who have "repaired it" by using what looks like exhaust paste.

seems fine just now however i have now got squeeking noises coming from the rear suspension area and a kind of grinding/ticking noise from the front when i am turning a corner.

first question. the em light is out but the car seems very slow- is it possible they have just turned out the light and not reset it thus causing the ecu to think there is still a problem and causing the car to be in a kind of limp mode?

and second question what could the other possible problems im having be ?

the car is going into the garage at 6pm tonight and being left there untill causes are found but id like to have a few possible ideas of what could be the problems before the start to hit me off with a load of rubbish...ie bearings,droplinks etc..

btw its an 03 wrx

thanks in advance for any replies.

Davie.

If the exhaust isn't fixed right then it might be the cause of the problems?

Did you hit a bump when it snapped or did it just go as you were going along?

I would've thought they would've noticed upon inspection before selling it that it was needing repaired.

I'm sure you'll get it sorted but it sounds like the noises you have could be a number of problems.

See what they get back to you with - get another opinion the same day if you're not convinced or happy with it. You've got the right for this.

Hope you get it sorted though, - I did smile when I read about your rear end squeek! I'd forgot that we had a bad squeek on speed bumps in our my03 wrx.

:icon_salut:

What was their excuse? Did you take the car on finance? You could always threaten them with letting the finance company know about the cars faults - which should have been inspected - also by agreement with the finance company.

God, what a nightmare for you. I really have my fingers crossed that they will sort all this out. Did they give you a warranty with the car?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry again for the huuuge delay in replying kaylz. dont get any notifications of reply for some reason. anyway. i bought the car with cash, so far its all been fixed but im sure the exhaust is maybe snapped again in the middle, also my power steering pump/belt is on the way out... strugglin to turn the wheen and an awful noise. murder. so now on the lookout for a cheap blitz nur spec r and power steering pump (if you hear of any going).