Salahadine Road, Sulaymaniyah, Kri

Spotted an auld blue Impreza GL on Salahadine Road, Sulaymaniyah, Kurdistan Region of Iraq today!

The FIRST EVER Subaru I've seen in Iraq!

Apologies I didn't wave - I never saw an SIDC sticker and I was in a Land Cruiser.

My guard didn't even know what a Subaru was and couldn't understand my excitement lol

(well, this is the Subaru INTERNATIONAL Driver's Club these days :Scottish-flag: )

Edited by monsterenergy

Was it the exhaust poppin and banging or crossfire

:rotfl:

Most of the younguns here dream of owning dodge chargers, and ford mustangs and chevy cameros.

Two of my guards though really like scoobs, one used to own one when he lived in UK. He says he would love to bring an impreza to Kurdistan - I've told him the engine would prob be dud in no time at all... but I wonder how the muscle cars and BMW's and all that cope with the shite petrol ye get here.

I'll need to get some pictures up of the Shall Oil (sic) stations... as you can imagine, they dinna do V-power :icon_flower:

Their next door neighbour has a huge BP sign, very very similar logo and in small writing underneath (bryati petrol) :icon_flower:

• 3 months later...

Yep - that thought crossed my mind too. Couldn't see the plate so unfortunately can't post it up.

Ye get alot of MOT failures over here too - and a lot of Kurds buy them at auctions in the UK and drive them back here - so here's hoping it wasn't nicked.

Hopefully I'll see and hear it again and I can flyer it for the Subaru INTERNATIONAL Drivers Club :Scottish-flag:

Edited by monsterenergy