Devonish meets

Anyone fancy doing a regular meet in the area, say 3rd Friday of the month at say Exeter Services at around 7pm ish?

Just thinking about it, could make life more interesting with a drive out on a sunday once a month too. We could move the meet around the area so everyone gets a localish chnace during the year, like Plymouth Barnstaple Torbay Okehampton etc etc. There are other local clubs doing ok with regular meets, my local does weekly from beginning of April.

Your replies and ideas will be much appreciated:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it, Sundays would be better anyway, we can make a day of it somewhere. I would like it to be accessible to families too so not always long drives, but def with something for kids, big and small, to do. Beach, bbq, etc etc.

I have chatted with J WRX Tonkins who is the RO. He needs some help and I reckon we can do that by turning up and making this area active again.

Personally I would like to attend the occasional meet up country somewhere too. Swindon area is quite active so if they can arrange their meet on a sunday too maybe we could meet somewhere nice like Bourton on the Water.

A trip to Haynes Motor Museum is also on the cards.

Let us start planning guys.

Terry

Thinking about it, Sundays would be better anyway, we can make a day of it somewhere. I would like it to be accessible to families too so not always long drives, but def with something for kids, big and small, to do. Beach, bbq, etc etc.

I have chatted with J WRX Tonkins who is the RO. He needs some help and I reckon we can do that by turning up and making this area active again.

Personally I would like to attend the occasional meet up country somewhere too. Swindon area is quite active so if they can arrange their meet on a sunday too maybe we could meet somewhere nice like Bourton on the Water.

A trip to Haynes Motor Museum is also on the cards.

Let us start planning guys.

Terry

sounds great chap but fridays is a no go for me as i don't finish work till half 10 this is partly the reason i don't have time to sort anything but im sure i will be able to attend a few when i don't have work on a friday night but saturdays and sundays are fine most of the time :thumbs:

Sunday's would be the best for me as I have a 6 year old son who is absolutely nuts on scooby's!

Keeps going on about the pic he has seen of yours terry,and about bungys( I think it maybe the colour)it would be good to get him involved!

Yeah I have been, but last I heard they were cutting back due to the recession. Worth somone asking though.

Didn't know they were reducing the number of tours, thought it earnt them a few quid to honest ! A member of staff told me when i was there that Prodrive dont pay overtime, that it was a team effort to get the job done. She went on to say that if people asked about overtime in an interview for a job then they wernt the type of team player they look for. I got the feeling of it being more like a family group with a shed load of pride in what they do

• 2 weeks later...

We were on about meeting up a cpl of times a month for a coffee etc! Do any of you guys know of let say a mcdonalds or something on a retail park that could take us! As there is no greasy spoon open on the A38 that I can think of central to all of us,