Have you been spotted?

You could get one for a grand, quick for a 1.4. Made out of used washing up bottles and sticky back plastic, apart from the chassis which was made of bent coat hangers and chewing gum. My brother made the mistake of crashing its predecessor, the gordini turbo, into a tree, when it became painfully obvious it was made entirely of rust and bird poo.

Ive had two GTT's. One mildly modded (150-ish) Red one and one sorted (220-ish) :) Black one. Good fun in short bursts, but unreliable over a distance or on track.

My black one went on to win the FWD 1/4mile record for its new owner, with a few extra tweeks. :hyper:

Not the best pictures:

YMR.jpg

andyh1.jpg

Edited by HOL
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can get Big power from small litreage!

Just look at teh RX7's theyre only 1.3 and the new ones make ove 200bhp out the factory!! NO turbo either.

if i remember, there was a guy at MSD who had done his Mini up in lunchtimes using all the stuff we had there. Decked heads, etc etc, and when he popped it on the rollers it churned out 160odd bhp Bearing in mind this was a non turbo 1150cc mini!

What makes me laugh is in the USA, i spoke to guys who had 5.7 litre engines 'TUNED' to make 300hp!!!!!! Twats!

Edited by emoe

Litreage, i like it! The Rx's are all ****els (if that gets past the censor) and work differently. Agree on the big "muscle" cars, totally under engineered just because they think bigger is better. They should give one of their engines to the japanese, get genuine BIG hp then. Mind you, there is that 2000hp mustang on you tube, but it has got a house-sized turbo on it.

Litreage, i like it! The Rx's are all ****els (if that gets past the censor) and work differently. Agree on the big "muscle" cars, totally under engineered just because they think bigger is better. They should give one of their engines to the japanese, get genuine BIG hp then. Mind you, there is that 2000hp mustang on you tube, but it has got a house-sized turbo on it.

I didnt get past, ok lets try w***el rotary engine. Am i going to get a warning for circumventing the censor?

Nope, that didnt work either, but you know what i mean!

I think youre trying to say W ank el engine

Lol

2000bhp?? holy crap can it get the power down on the road??

I rode a 300hp hayabusa!! thats the most scared ive been in my life!

What makes me laugh is in the USA, i spoke to guys who had 5.7 litre engines 'TUNED' to make 300hp!!!!!! Twats!

But the thing about big V8's is they have tons of torque from idle, unlike our tuned 2l or 2.5l boxer engines which don't really start to produce major torque until the turbo comes in

Edited by Granby
Ive had two GTT's. One mildly modded (150-ish) Red one and one sorted (220-ish) :) Black one. Good fun in short bursts, but unreliable over a distance or on track.

My black one went on to win the FWD 1/4mile record for its new owner, with a few extra tweeks. :hyper:

Not the best pictures:

YMR.jpg

andyh1.jpg

the dump valves always used to sound really loud on the 5gts . nice cars . i also liked the uno turbo think they where 1.4 too :angry:

But the thing about big V8's is they have tons of torque from idle, unlike our tuned 2l or 2.5l boxer engines which don't really start to produce major torque until the turbo comes in

Yeah i know that but if you look at my list of cars ive owned, youll see some big US muscle iron that made big HP and big Lbs. And its pretty easy to do. $10k will get you the CobraSport 6.2l Crate engine making 800Bhp.

So why do they get excited about 300??

My Nissan Titan, (similar to the navara over here but with a 5.9L v8 Endura engine) made 330hp from factory, no turbo.

:thumbup: Yup, that was me Col. In the 'Discreet' car!!!!!

What were you in? I often hustle along if I think im holding someone up behind me (or I have a GTI-esque car following me) :banana:.

i was in a small white van, i was driving behind you for about 4 miles, you was hogging the fast lane up & wouldnt let me pass you, we both wasnt hanging around, but we was both driving sensible :D

i was in a small white van, i was driving behind you for about 4 miles, you was hogging the fast lane up & wouldnt let me pass you, we both wasnt hanging around, but we was both driving sensible :banana:

I remember now, Id been sat behind someone id let out of a gap for half the M26 and as soon as I pass him, I had you behind me.

I wss making the same mistake twice..... :thumbup:

Apologies if you were in the mica blue classic, the same as mine, beside Danson Park about 10:30 this morning - only saw you at the last minute and didn't get chance to wave. Saw a couple of blue newages around the B2005 / A249 area yesterday morning when I was taking my car down to Deanos and a white classic on the A249 on the way home about 3:30

Apologies if you were in the mica blue classic, the same as mine, beside Danson Park about 10:30 this morning - only saw you at the last minute and didn't get chance to wave. Saw a couple of blue newages around the B2005 / A249 area yesterday morning when I was taking my car down to Deanos and a white classic on the A249 on the way home about 3:30

Did the white classic have WRC on the no plate?