SW meet - Bovington Tank Museum and drive out - Feb 25th

Hi all,

I'm putting together a meet at Bovington Tank Museum (BH20 6JG) for the morning of 25th Feb (time TBC) and then if enough interest a drive on to the coast, perhaps Lulworth or similar in the afternoon.

An adult ticket to the museum is £12.00 and can be used for 12 months to visit as many times as you like!

The Battlegroup Afganistan exhibition is still very active and shows much of the modern equipment used in the armed forces today. :UK-flag:

Let's get names on the list and get this one busy!

1. Plodster

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Due to popular consensus, this event has been moved to Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton on March 11th.

I plan on holding a meet at Bovington later in the year, perhaps around Tank Fest or something so PM me if anyone is keen, or keen to see any other meets in the Dorset area......

Peter

Yeah that sounds like a plan.... 25th still free I think for me so perhaps something we should do. The Afghan display is pretty good, it's where the old Cold War bit used to be, tucked off to one side there. Not the biggest display in the world but they have to be careful showing too much kit still in service!

In case anyone else wants to meet us:

We are leaving Exeter (Black Horse Pub, Clyst Honiton) at 09.30

Travelling along A30 to Honiton then heading along the A35 to the Bere Regis roundabout, getting there around 11.30. We will stay there till 11.45 then down to the museum at Bovington. We will be there around 2-3 hours I suppose.

Hopefully we will see some more of you join us along the way. The first two cars are a blue blob STi and a blue Hawk WRX.