Vaguely Ridiculous drive out - 29th December 2011

spect

Was gonna use the A38/A30. Down past Plymouth, Launceston, Bodmin, Penzance.

Hi Terry,

Ok, I will meet you at my end about 12ish, if you want a coffee after your first couple of hours driving the map directions below lead to a coffee place on the A30, we could meet there for the final leg down to lands end.

Cheers

Brian

Map

Ok I have sent you my phone number, if you send me yours we can let you know when we leave here and maybe an update part way down. Is the coffee just off the second roundabout in the Starbucks then?

Yep thats the one, I will pm you my number now, just keep me updated :thumbs:

OK guys n gals, this is on, Cap'n Jerry is on his way to me right now so we will be at Lands End by 1pm. I am guessing Launceston around 11 am and with Wasbo around 12. If you want to join us then you will need to be on the A38/A30 in a layby and look for a blue Blob STI with a blue Hawk WRX. If we see any in a layby we will slow down a bit so you can catch up, please drive past us initially so we can acknowledge you then we will take the lead again. We do intend to have a relaxed day with no racing and will stop for coffee occasionally with lunch down at the far end, probably somewhere near St Just. If you are joining us please make sure you have enough fuel as we do not intend to stop for fuel - a full tank would be advantageous.

Have a great New Year everyone

Terry

Well we had a great day out with some fun roads round the North Coast, we eventually got to Lands End around 3.30 with a few spirited spurts where we could. It was great having nearly 1000hp there! One Spec C, one Spec T and one STi. Looking forward to doing something similar again next month.

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0870.jpg

IMAG0869.jpg

2 tanks on the trip then, plus getting from home to start and then from the end to home, say 5 tanks of 45 litres each for meat say £1.50 for Scottish prices = around £340 in fuel. With a co driver could do one direction in one day. It is possible for under £500. Get some sponsorship for a charity and off we go eh?