Clutch Replacement

Hullo,

Not been on here in a while! I've had my 55 plate STI for about 1.5 years or so now, bought from a member on here. Been a treat all this time however it's time for the first proper repair - the clutch has started to slip. I noticed it a few month back but just the once and it was about 4000rpm in 4th but it didn't really happen often (maybe once a month? I don't really drive it past 4000rpm that often) so I left it at that. However it's started to do it quite frequent, to the point where any hard driving makes you feel it. It'll go from around 3500rpm to 6000rpm with no power, then go back down to about 4500rpm and then you can feel it kick in as the revs build again. Doesn't seem to do it in 1st or 2nd though, but the rest of the gears it's noticeable. Maybe it would do it in 1st and 2nd if I drove hard in they gears often.

Anyway, will be taking it into Hypertech when I can arrange to get it in and last time I spoke to them they said I would be better off sourcing the clutch myself as they (few months ago) couldn't really get it at a good price. The cars running 350bhp, 380lbft and the vast majority of time is normal road driving so I assume OEM gear would be fine? Where would be the best place to pick this stuff up?

Cheers in advance,

Rab