drift and drag at smeathorpe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about the reaction time, it doesn't count for anything, the timer doesn't start until you break the beam. You can sit there for as long as you want when the lights change and it wont affect you time. Traction was a problem tho, my 60ft times were around 2 seconds when they should really be around 1.5

how brutal were you with the launch ? would of thought you should be able to improve that 60ft buy some. My best run was 1.994 60ft, mid et 7.557 and 125mph 11.533 seconds. The best other thing you can do is get the weight down, get rid of everything you dont need in the car, would of liked to have got more weight out of mine but just ran out of time to get the car ready. Sounds like you should get a 12 next time tho :)

I had half tank of fuel, thought I would use more getting there, full 12 ltr inter cooler water tank my big disc lock, all sorts of crap in the boot lol, deffinetly room to shed some weight, I can't wait for next time now, great day, which car was yours Ric?

I did three runs 13.2 and two mid 13's all 60ft times where bad best one was 2.2 worst 2.7, I was holding rev's at 6000 and coming off the clutch to quick I think, looking at my vids I was loosing traction and spining compared to the cars i ran against that were getting 2sec 60ft's, also I have RE070 tyres with low tread, great in the dry not so good with it being damp and driving through the bleach or what ever they use to do burnouts(got to get my excuses in :icon_hang: )

I have never done it before so can't wait to have another go, I hope to brake into the 12's next time. Did see your car but martyn was driving it I think.

sounds like 12's should be possible then, i was using worn toyo R888's which were much better than the 'road' tyres i used last time but to be fair everyone was struggling for grip. It was only the second time iv done drag racing and im happy as long as my times get better throughout the day :) Martyn did have one run in the car, quick little bugger he is, he had goes in 2 other scoobs and beat both the owners best times !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yes, not enough entries so Lee has decided to call it a day.

Real shame this wont happen again after the court battle to ensure the events can run. There are moans about no easy to enter racing on the South West, something gets offered and a few die hard fans enter. :(