Late afternoon,

Im looking for some feedback on what people with newage cars are using for turbo charging, with a view to well, taking the VF35 out the RB.

Having not modded a 2.5 before, I dont know the restrictions/impact/possibilities etcetera. 20G? GT30? FPgreen? blah...

Nothing crazy, just some good power.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Chris

Late afternoon,

Im looking for some feedback on what people with newage cars are using for turbo charging, with a view to well, taking the VF35 out the RB.

Having not modded a 2.5 before, I dont know the restrictions/impact/possibilities etcetera. 20G? GT30? FPgreen? blah...

Nothing crazy, just some good power.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Chris

What about the MD series chris, i know that badbaz ( Barry) and (TPSSCOOB) Andy has them .They are running in the region of 450BHP .Barry's car is an 05 STI and Andy has got a Blob Spec C....

Kenny

Chris.

It's not a vf35 in your rb mate. More like a vf48 or similar. With a proper remap you can have good power from said oem turbo and results can be as good as 350/400 with full decat.

I wouldn't bolt on anything too big as the 2.5 engine aren't as strong as the 2.0 that you had in your old Sti.

A md 321 h is probably as big as I'll go with a standard engine until forged pistons and rods are installed.

Happy days mate.

Edited by fai 17

SC46 should give you 500hp or so.

The 2.5 needs work to give a proper power rise, as head gaskets will go with 1.5BAR for any length of time.

~The engine uses cast pistons and rods and semi-closed deck block.

A set of Wiseco pistons, K1 rods and a balanced crank on ACL bearings should be your first step before trying to get serious power reliably.

That's where I am now.

SC46 should give you 500hp or so.

The 2.5 needs work to give a proper power rise, as head gaskets will go with 1.5BAR for any length of time.

~The engine uses cast pistons and rods and semi-closed deck block.

A set of Wiseco pistons, K1 rods and a balanced crank on ACL bearings should be your first step before trying to get serious power reliably.

That's where I am now.

:icon_pray: :icon_pray: :icon_pray:

Thanks for the advice and feedback on this. appreciate it.

I was wrong Peter and yes its a VF43 thats in the RB320 apparently.

Thats a couple of turbos to look at and ill now do some research on them, especially if other folk have used them well.

In the meantime, im going to investigate the pistons, rods and crank and do that first. Otherwise im just asking for trouble.

Cheers

Get the Wiseco Drop in pistons, leave the OE rods in there, they'll be fine for 500bhp.

Go for the Cosworth 280,000psi-rated Head studs and OE Steel Head Gaskets to handle the extra boost.

SC46 (Billet Wheel) would be a perfect turbo for the RB.

Bear in mind any more mods will require an uprated clutch and probablly a set of 650's AS A MINIMUM, if not a set of 740's for breathing room at the top end.