Service Time

My car's just broken through the 20k mile mark.

Think that's 3,000 since I got it so gonna put her in for a service when I get hame from work.

If you were me, with my 2008 Hatch... where would you take it?

Lawrence of Kemnay?

Autoecosse?

or further afield like John R Weir or Ian Grieve to use my SIDC discount?

I want to keep with subaru service stamps (prefereably approved) cos will likely trade in next year some time.

Thaaaanks!

Looks like good votes for Autoecosse - thanks!

Now for a wee bit of advice please...

I work away month on month off... car hardly gets a run when i'm away - so low mileage. However, Subaru service intervals also have the time duration thing.

If I was to go with miles alone (20,000k) - I think all I'm due is a periodic oil change. However, if I go by time duration - car is almost 36 months old (equivalent service mileage 30k) and will be due a big-ass service with inspections on various parts. Do ye need to go with the time intervals for the service - or is mileage good enough. I check oil regularly - and it's never dropped since I got it.

Will an oil change be enough or do I need to get the full whack one?

<please nae the full whack een! haha>

best going with the time m8 especially when its time for the belts to get done, phone autoecosse and talk to Graham or peter they are in the parts/service department you will prob find the price isnt too bad, good guys to deal with, tell them craig with the black wrx told you to phone

best going with the time m8 especially when its time for the belts to get done, phone autoecosse and talk to Graham or peter they are in the parts/service department you will prob find the price isnt too bad, good guys to deal with, tell them craig with the black wrx told you to phone

How did I know ye were gonna say that! Ach well, looks like I'll need to dig deep. Maybe for the best though cos am booked for a remap in July - service before that prob nae a bad thing.

:redcard: any trade in place , dealership or scrappys - just cause its a hatch :P CMON THE BLOB EYES :icon_fU::thumbup::rotfl:

:icon_butt:

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Autoecosse - thanks for recommendations. Didn't feel ripped off and friendly service!

Said I'd been recommended from a forum and Graeme (I think his name was) said - "who was the recommendation from? Craig?" haha, so maybe ye'll get a freebie or something lol