Finally got it Race Rom remapped

Well finally had the car remapped. Stock the cars are 227bhp and around 240ft lb torque.

Martin Jeffery spent a while tweaking things and now I have a twin map setting. The normal one is 250.6 bhp and 270ft lb torque and set for nice comfortable cruising. The race mode is 280 bhp and 340 ft lb of torque at 2800 rpm with auto blip, flat shift and launch control all enabled.

Must admit that I used race on the way home. There was a line of 4 vehicles in front of me doing 40 on a straight and flat bit of road. I changed to third and the awesome sound of the flat 4 let rip. By the time I had cleared the 2nd vehicle I was already rapidly going through +30 and when I cleared the 4th I was +50 and backing off, at no point did I floor it. It was astonishing when you are not used to it. Certainly made a big difference, all this on a stock TD04!

If I had a decent clutch, balls of steel, a new set of engine mounts and a clean pair of underpants I would try the launch control. Sounds awesome by putting it in 1st and hitting the accelerator, just need the right place to let it go now - and a collection of the aforesaid items!

I can recommend the race rom to any hawkeye on scoob owners. I am sure the STI owners will get more out of it than my little standard WRX Spec T, lol