after talking to a bloke the other day with a mint hawk sti i started to wonder why people with the sti imprezas slate the wrx cars. <_< i can understand the scoobie vs evo thing but sti vs wrx WTF. :censored: ive had an import sti and have now got an import wrx classic that im just as happy with. :thumbup: the sti cost me £3500 back in 2005 and i payed £900 insurance.i fitted a fmic and induction kit and full stainless turbo back exhaust and it was around 300bhp i was a happy bunny but sold it. :brickwall: after a year away i got my import wrx and it was standerd when i bought it but the turbo was naff and i got it for £1300 and pay £429 fully comp insurance.it runs at 307bhp with a td05 turbo,autobahn fmic chipped ecu full stainless turbo back exhaust (again happy) :icon_pray: and it drives just as good so why the spilt between sti wrx? :boxing:

Up the WRX I say, a cheaper car to run, my hawk is fine on 95 ron fuel too. It is a bit softer on the suspension so a bit more comfortable on a run. It still goes very fast and on public roads the difference in performance is hardly noticeable really, certainly with standard cars. I prefer the STi wing though.

Up the WRX I say, a cheaper car to run, my hawk is fine on 95 ron fuel too. It is a bit softer on the suspension so a bit more comfortable on a run. It still goes very fast and on public roads the difference in performance is hardly noticeable really, certainly with standard cars. I prefer the STi wing though.

you can always get a wing :thumbup:

Well mine is a WRX UK300,more than happy with it .Have done some upgrades right enough suspension ,handling,braking and power (347 bhp and 330 torque) If i knew then what i know now i would have saved for the STI ..... Have now had the car for 4 years and no thoughts of letting it go :)

Kenny

who cares what we own as long as its a subaru and we are happy with it until the bug get us :banana:

I agree, this is after all the SUBARU Impreza Drivers Club

Therefore you could, and many do, have even the base gl model, but that would be silly :icon_butt:

WRX? STI? UK? Jap? Who cares :headbang: