Ok. I apear to have a slow puncture(Damn pot holes :cussing: ). Took it to ATS not thinking anything of it and looks like when I bought the car the wheel locking nuts werent included. My own fault I know. But Any advice as to the best way to sort this out...... I know I'll have to get new locking nuts but how am I meant to get this puncture sorted when I cant get the wheel off....

Andy

I seem to be collecting various lock nut keys. Whereabouts are you and can you put up a picture on here of the nut. If I've got the key I'll post it off to you to try.

Cheers

Corrie

Edited by CJE

A few options...

Most cars with locking nuts also come with a locking nut key code that you can take along to a main dealer, who can sell you a new key. The drawback here is that it might take a while for the key to come through.

Forceful removal method 1: Hammer a hex socket over the lock nut. Try not to damage the driving end of the socket in the process (you might use some wood between the hammer and the socket). Also you risk damaging your alloy with the socket if you're not careful. If you're lucky, the lock nut won't be too tight and you can free it with a breaker bar or wrench on the hammered-on socket.

Forceful removal method 2: Find a welder, who can weld one end of a length of square tube to the locknut and then use a hex socket and wrench to turn the other end. I had to have this done once after losing my lock nut it worked perfectly and the lock nuts came out with absolutely no damage to the alloys.

Good luck.

Edited by Mystery Machine

ive got an emergency puncture repair thing for my motor tha sits in the boot for a just incase scenario , you can get it at shell garages ,asda,halfords, its the foam sealing can, you just screw it onto the air valve , twist the cap on the can and it pumps the air into the tyre and a foam that will plug the hole , just a tempory fix like , but shld save you having to keep pumping up the tyre .

just a tempory fix until you can get the wheel off.

• 2 weeks later...

just to let every1 know that the puncture is fixed... turns out the lockin nuts were easy to get off. a local garage did it for free... cheers for the help though guys...

Cheers CJE for havin a look for me... much appreciated. :occasion14:

Edited by andy85