Highland Fling banter thread-Hotel details added!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Mike, shame you couldnt make it especially with the weather we got! but glad your other half popped down with the car, was great to see a hawk spec c, absolutely gorgeous! and we did try and persuade her to join us anyway :lol:

glad you enjoyed it Myles, think we can all agree that the cars have a lot more capability than the drivers!

think if you look at whiteline anti roll bars and drop links, possibly an anti lift kit(which basically helps the angle of the tyres on the road thereby cutting on understeer) and a good fast road geometry setup would make a surprising difference for a relatively modest outlay. though you can set coilovers to any height you want so could keep stock ride height but with better dampers and springs ;)

green panel filters seem to work well and with the PPP your car should already be pretty well decatted, a remap as is would probably eek out 10-12 hp, combine it with a second hand sti turbo and injectors as Ciaran said and youd be comfortably over 300 without stretching reliability or drivability :)

Dave,

Looking at a fast road geometry set up. If I go for uprated anti roll bar(s) can I uprate just rear to maybe an sti (assume they are stiffer) or do I need front and rear? If so are sti ones same as I have now or a good upgrade? Recommendations anyone. Seem to have left a fair amount of outside edge front rubber up north!! assume 1 dgree neg camber would help?