Close call!

Hi folks,

So, with all this bad weather I've been staying indoors but went out this afternoon for the first time. It was an essential journey.....the missus sent me to Tesco to get fairy lights for the tree!!!! :rolleyes:

Our roads aren't too bad but still slippy with the freezing conditions.

I had my daughter(2) in the back and doing about 20mph max. I'm slowing down as I approach a sharpish bend and I see an old guy approaching, looking a bit fast.

As we're passing I see his back end pop out, missing me by a couple of feet, and see him fishtail for 40yds before getting it under control.

Apart from thinking that he was an ar$e for driving like that in those condtions, it made me think just how lucky you can be.

We were the only 2 cars on that stretch of road at that time.

If I'd been 5 or 10 secs slower, he might've been right into me.

If someone had been behind me, they would have got him head on!!! :angry:

Drive safe everyone :driving::)

Edited by Richie Cross

Meant to post this in the wiy

I was following a newage scooby in my van last week up at sighthill, it was driving sensibly as far as I could tell, but as it came off a roundabout there was a bit of wild fishtailing before he got it back under control..

So you don't have to be going quickly to get into trouble either!

Chris.

ps. glad you and your wee'un are ok btw!

Edited by soundie

yeah i admit a maybe come out of most corners sideways on purpose but never when theres anyone/thing about as snow/ice is too unpredictable seen a few on the roads losing control already the worst ones are the ones that come off clear roads onto icy side roads and dont slow down and understeer right into the curb or sadly whatever is blocking its path