Hadez new 400hp build.

Hadez

Some of you will have seen me at a couple of meets a good while back now. I've been flying all over with work and had no time for my beloved scooby but I'm back.

The project is back under way.

Right well where to start...... It all started about 2 years ago now when I originally bought my Subaru Impreza UK Turbo, not being happy with it being standard I proceeded to purchase a load of upgrades which included....

4 Pot Brake Conversion

Green Panel Filter

NGK Plugs

AGX Adjustable Shocks

Eibach Springs

550 Injectors

Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Turbo Back Decat exhaust system

Simtek ECU mapped by Simon @ JGM

Now all was fine and dandy until about 2 weeks ago when I started losing oil. Not a small amount of oil (the stain on the driveway is testiment to this) So I decided I have saved a few pennies for exactly this project, lets get my ass down to Subaru4you and see what Len can do for me.

Anyway long and short of it is I will be having a 2.1 Stroked block (built by Len) put in with the intension of hitting around the 400bhp mark.

Now only a madman or a fat cat banking boss in the city could afford it all so I will be doing it in stages.

So after dropping her into Len this morning they have already started pulling my baby apart.

Pics

The strip down,

1 the engine is out, the inlet manifold is off as are the cambelt and

pulleys.

2 Rusty exhaust heatshields had to be cut off

3 The exhaust headers are off

4 The first head is off

1000782.th.jpg

1000783k.th.jpg

1000784s0.th.jpg

1000785u.th.jpg

9 Inside the Glass bead shot blaster 1

10 Inside the Glass bead shot blaster 2

1000790a.th.jpg

1000791t.th.jpg

I should at this point tell you where I want to go in the coming months.

Firstly get the new bottom end and other needed ancilliaries installed.

Next will be a new MD555 Turbo Dynamics turbo, a front mount intercooler and new induction system. Probably done over the period of 2-3 months. With a couple of Simon remaps in between.

After that will be a new gearbox, diffs and prop and a final tune for the 400bhp. Then she'll be in the bodyshop being made to look like the day she left the showroom. No bodywork mods as much as I like Simons flared arches, this car was always meant to be the proper "wolf in sheeps clothing".

Anyway hope you all enjoy the build.

Hello mate, long time no speak :hello:

Looks like its an interesting journey you are on - look forward to seeing the results :thumbup:

Kylie

Lol yeah I had to leave the Subaru alone for a few months or the pennies would never have saved up.

Meeting you lot always made me spend more money on the car, on silly little things.... :guinness:

Now back on with a couple of pics, as I've been back in to speak to Len this morning.

Pic1 The block is on the stripping bench and the halves are split exposing the

crank

10007920.jpg

Pic2 A before and after like never seen before. This is how dirty things get after 157k miles.

Before and after Glass bead shot blast - two halves of the same block!!! But Len worked some magic. :wizard:

1000795x.jpg

My block is being cleaned up to be sent off for the 2.1 Stroking to be completed.

Will update more as soon as I can :icon_salut:

Ok I went to subaru4you today and well a little bad news .... It would appear my block was away having the machining done for the 2.1 stroker ODB build and they noticed a crack in the Piston Liners. I'll try and get some pics if Len gets the block back....

So that block is in the bin now..... Or will be, I'm sure Len will keep it in the graveyard of engines he keeps to show people, we'll see. Anyway good news is Len was already on the case phoning around his known hotspots for a new good bottom end. :icon_pray:

I also have to give a big thanks to Rick :icon_salut: whose plugging away trying to get a few of the smaller ancilliaries a little cheaper. Anyone know how much a cambelt tensioner direct from Subaru is.... Thats the one that looks like a skateboard wheel on a small piece of metal with a spring on it... Originally it was some 160 quid with tax I believe, idlers were something a little excessive aswell. Which I choked on a little, I wanted the money to go on the internals. So with a little hunting they've managed to chop a few prices for me by using some other suppliers with blueprint and oem parts.

I intend to use lightweight nice pulleys in the end and will change all the other ancilliaries, idlers, cam tensioner etc etc for the best I can buy once the savings have made a small recovery from this engine rebuld. But one step at a time.....

Edit/Delete Message

Edited by Hadez