...got some shades for the car..

Vimmy

Hi Guys, I had the wife's Fossie done a while back and had her 5 rear windows pimped with Limo black film, and UV filtering on her driver and passenger windows. This was done by Glen at AutoAsylum in Swindon, half a mile from work too :). Whilst I was there I asked about the legality of the sunstrips put on cars as I knew that some were MOT failures. Glen has been working with an MOT tester next door to him in the same estate and the strips he puts on are totally legit as they are the same type put on the rear windows, I was sold and had some fitted last week.

It took just over an hour or so, and by the time i had been given a lift back to work and grabbed a cuppa it was time to go pick up the car. The strip cost £40 in total inc fitting. The film is very dark to look at from outside but still lets in enough light to let you see whats happening outside and means you can stare at the sun (through the strip) and not have to squint at all, brilliant.

Anyhoo a few photos below:

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc390/vimmeh/Shades%20for%20the%20car/?albumview=slideshow

Glen can be contacted on 07770901020

Cheers,

Col

Be warned the photos contained in the (hopefully working) slideshow are not safe to view in work as they contain images of mucky sorts - cars not been cleaned for 2 weeks now :)

Hi Matty, thanks yeah they work pretty, they reduce the sun glare a helluva lot but also mean you can still see everything, unlike the visors that block you view totally.

Glen did a pretty good job, was very quick to to the work and did't charge the earth. I'll probably get him to re pimp my windows when they start to crack and fade, which they are doing so now...