What discs are best for Brembo's?

Its that time again, i need new discs for the Brembos on my STI and i was wondering which come best recommended, i have Grooved Brembo discs on at the mo and was happy with them but is there better out there ??

Regards Donald

IMHO (and you probably know better than I!) probably not.

General consensus seems to say avoid EBC. Am liking Tarox F2000.... FUNNILY ENOUGH I have a set of rears going spare. Bought then as the groove pattern complements my APs on the front, but 08 rears ain't the same as previous STIs and had to get 08 ones made specifically for me. As such still have the rears for 02 on STI brembos in a 5x114.3 fitment if you or anyone else is interested. Wrong forum I know... sorry!

Performance Friction always get a gd write up. Godspeed? Not sure. Heard mixed reviews... ask scooby222.

speak to ian godney at godspeed ,he can sort u out with some great buys, i have his discs with ebc bluestuff pads and they are amazing mate, he rates them higher than pf pads.http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk

hes on scoobynet and has lots of group buys so can save even more

Edited by junior1910

speak to ian godney at godspeed ,he can sort u out with some great buys, i have his discs with ebc bluestuff pads and they are amazing mate, he rates them higher than pf pads.http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk

hes on scoobynet and has lots of group buys so can save even more

Ian Godney is someone that definately knows his brakes and is at the top the pile when it comes to brakes you will definately not go wrong with his advice. I wpould also suggest giving Alyn at As Performance a ring as he also knows the Impreza inside out. I would disagree on pad choice and would say from my experience the best pads for all round use on Brembo's are PF Z compound and i have used a fair few choices.

Edited by Arch

EBC have apparantly went back to the beginning and re designed there whole range of pads, as tom said above the blue stuff pads were given out on free trial to quite a few scoobynet members to get feed back , and they seem to be getting favourable feed back with ian godney rating them better than most other pads.

I need discs and pads for the brembos i have , ian recommended blue stuff , although im not convinced i had a nightmare with the red stuff on .

kenny

Ian does offer a guarantee but you have to send the discs back to him for him to assess first which isnt very handy - i have this situation right now with his 2 piece discs which are fine when cold but have a very significant vibration after a few decent stops

id stick with the brembo discs mate

I had a look at the Godspeed website and i thought the prices seemed a bit to good to be true imo but then i have never tried them so i dont know.

I have the Brembo grooved disks on at the mo and they can stop you like you've hit a wall but they can go some bonny colours with the heat :driving:. Those performance friction disks look awsome but jebus the price is :o