Tempest Rally - Saturday November 6 2010

Hi All,

I'm gutted I missed this one last year after getting stuck in Paris for a mates birthday. Went in 2008 and it was great!

I know a few of you want last year so is anyone up for it again?

More info can be found here: http://www.tempestrally.com

Stage Maps

Warren PDF Map

Warren Google Map

Yateley PDF Map

Yateley Google Map

One car park ticket, £10, covers all the forests car parks allowing you to see the cars in different locations during the day.

DSCF2049.jpg

1. Michael_Jenkins

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by Michael_Jenkins

Nice one :thumbup:

Look forward to seeing you both there!

I'm off to the world championship round in Wales the following weekend, should be a good event!

sssshhhhh George will want to be off to Wales as well given half a chance

WRC is nothing like it used to be when the Rally GB actually featured the majority of GB. I remember many a year of travelling 1500 odd miles in a week chasing young Mr McRae (RIP) etc....

Andy

sssshhhhh George will want to be off to Wales as well given half a chance

WRC is nothing like it used to be when the Rally GB actually featured the majority of GB. I remember many a year of travelling 1500 odd miles in a week chasing young Mr McRae (RIP) etc....

Andy

I'm gutted to have not been around during that era! I'm very jealous!

Would love to have been around during the Group B day too :(

This will be my 9th year in a row and a lot has changed since my first time in 2002. We had two top british drivers (McRae and Burns) and lots of manufactures (Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Ford, Hyundai, Skoda and Citroen doing their "test" season)

Now we have Ford, Citroen and Mini next year. Hopefully the new 1600 rules will attract more.

Mike

I'm gutted to have not been around during that era! I'm very jealous!

Would love to have been around during the Group B day too :(

This will be my 9th year in a row and a lot has changed since my first time in 2002. We had two top british drivers (McRae and Burns) and lots of manufactures (Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Ford, Hyundai, Skoda and Citroen doing their "test" season)

Now we have Ford, Citroen and Mini next year. Hopefully the new 1600 rules will attract more.

Mike

Yep my first 2 years of the Lombard RAC involved the fire breathing monsters of the group B era, awsome watching them through the forests in the dead of night, in those day's stage's ran from something like 04:00 to 21:00 each day.

Evening all,

I'm in for this! haven't been stood in a freezing forest getting peppered by rocks for ages :headbang:

1. Michael_Jenkins

2. Andyjudge & George

3. Smike

4. smiley kylie & Jarvie

5. amanda_h + others

6. scoobygreg

7. Berks-Jack (Jamie)

Good little list so far :)

Mike - Which day are you going to the WRC?

Evening all,

I'm in for this! haven't been stood in a freezing forest getting peppered by rocks for ages :headbang:

Mike - Which day are you going to the WRC?

Hopefully Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But I will definitely be there Saturday and Sunday.

I won't be in the Scooby though, taking the campervan.

Are you going?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good to me!

That's if I'm allowed to travel with you all ;) The Subaru's MOT is due tomorrow and I don't have a CAT exhaust to put on it in time.

I'll be taking the Peugeot 205 rally project instead. I'll have to tag along at the back, unless I take lead so I don't look like a rude boy trying to race Imprezas haha.

Cheers

Mike

Greg is with Craven Motor Club who are marshalling the non-spectator Ash stage. There is an opportunity there. Let's speak more about that in person tomorrow ;-)

I'd like to see Rushmoor for a short while and would like to spend more time on Yately. I'm after lots of nice photos :-]