Chassis Numbering

is there a list anywhere which tells you when a particular car was made and how many of them were made before yours , i ask because i would be interested to know more about my particular car , i know it is quite an early one but i dont know how early in the production run , not that it makes any difference as to its value it would just be interesting to find out all i can.

i do have a book which gives production totals for domestic /export etc but it would only help if i could find out what number subaru gave the first impreza or what number the first type r was.

i am sure i am on a hiding to nothing but it would be interesting to know

hopefully someone out there may be able to help

is there a list anywhere which tells you when a particular car was made and how many of them were made before yours , i ask because i would be interested to know more about my particular car , i know it is quite an early one but i dont know how early in the production run , not that it makes any difference as to its value it would just be interesting to find out all i can.

i do have a book which gives production totals for domestic /export etc but it would only help if i could find out what number subaru gave the first impreza or what number the first type r was.

i am sure i am on a hiding to nothing but it would be interesting to know

hopefully someone out there may be able to help

i have now found out that my car was the 291st type r to be built , the 84th sonic blue version (yet to be confirmed via another source) excluding any specials which may not have the usual chassis numbering , so i now would like to find out production dates , so if there is anyone out there who may know of any production lists then i would be interested to find out more.

heres hoping