Newbie From Fife

alrite folks,

been a bit of a journey to get here (so my breadknife says) just took delivery of a sti hatch, and I must admit was a wee bit worried it wouldn't reach the heights of my expectation.

The journey began in Dec 07, when I found myself , for the first time in my life, able to buy a new motor, so I traded in my supercharged Lexus IS200 to the local Scooby dealer in Cupar and got meself a brand new , shiny , just oot the packet,GB270......

Now I know all you fully fledged scooby drivers will say I did wrong....but I got all the leather an Ipod nonsense as well, and I was well chuffed.......for a bit...26K and about 16 months later I decided (in my infinate wisdom) that it was time to change.....

Off I popped to the other side and bought meself an ex management....wait for it......Evo X SST GSR no less!!! Can't tell a lie, it was a beauty,(check out ultimateshine.com mine was the black one) but all good things come to an end and the breadknife drove up the back of someone and we have a rule in our house that when a motor gets wronged then it gets sold.

What next!! I hear you cry...... Well 5.7 ltr of Aussie madness followed in the shape of an Odyssey blue Monaro...fantastic......V8 roar sent many a council spade jockey into his poorly dug ditch, but, sadly mother nature put paid to the Aussie. 13mpg was the cry of disbelief, as the breadknifes fiat 500 went whizzing by me up the snowy hill that is my driveway.

It's about time I grew up and bought a proper car, dreams of 40mpg filled the air, £100 a year road tax and pretty much free insurance......the bright lights of Arnold Clarke were calling, Insignia SRi ooooooohhhhh, ****ed up again and had it for 6 weeks, ( I was offshore for three of them!!)

Divorce is looming.............In my desperation I was gonna buy a focus ST, but who came to my aid and said, and I quote "if you don't get a@@@@ing grip you@@@@ing stoopid @@@@ and buy some @@@@ing car you like then I will stab you in the @@@@ing neck you p@@@@.

So got a new Scooby last week and I am still alive!!!! RESULT

ahahahaha welcome to the fold m8, what rig you on ? doing what ?? quite a few rig monkeys on here, mind and pop into the scottish section for a look

Alrite chief, met a few rig pigs oan me travels.

I am afraid to say I am a fully paid up member of the core crew on the scary old rustbucket Fulmar, 2 & 3, best job in the world an aw that, until 6:10 am at Bristows on Sept 13th, then it will be proper pish again!!!

Worlds best undiscovered mechy, by the way!!!!!

hahaha ace, if your from the dundee side of fife we are having a meet this Thursday pop over m8, you will find a list of the meets in the Scottish section

Is there a Dundee side of Fife???

Will check oot the section, thought the hatch back was the ugly cousin though!!??

Is there a Dundee side of Fife???

Will check oot the section, thought the hatch back was the ugly cousin though!!??

Not at our meets it ain't!

Welcome back to Scooby ownership... and don't let the anti-hatch doomsayers put you off. They're just jealous! *chortle as he dons flame-suit*

so where are these tayside meets then??

cos my maw says never tae trust them folks fae north o the river.

Mind you she's deid noo, sorry mum!!!

The Gourdie Croft (Beefeater)

Hope the link works... failing that... From the Tay bridge, head along the seafront as far as you can go till you hit the Swallow r/about. Hang a right and the place is about 1/4 mile up the dual c/way.

DD2 5JU by Satnav.

And don't believe what your mother told you. It's only rig-pig that bites, the rest of us ain't TOO bad *lol*

so where are these tayside meets then??

cos my maw says never tae trust them folks fae north o the river.

Mind you she's deid noo, sorry mum!!!

its no too bad m8 i moved over from gods country (FIFE) 5 years ago BUT im no in pie land im in Angus so not to bad :):lol: