Hi folks

I might be on the lookout for a different 4x4 and thought about a Forester....would be an older one maybe 1999-2002

Is there any types I should be going for?....or what to look for when buying one?....auto or manual?

Cheers

Oops and it would be to replace my Mitsubishi Shogun lol

Edited by Midnight21
Hi folks

I might be on the lookout for a different 4x4 and thought about a Forester....would be an older one maybe 1999-2002

Is there any types I should be going for?....or what to look for when buying one?....auto or manual?

Cheers

Oops and it would be to replace my Mitsubishi Shogun lol

Cathy,

Manual S Turbo is the one to go for :o .

Same things to look out for on an impreza tbh ie FSH etc.... but deffo check if it has self levelling rear suspension and if it has make sure the units have been replaced or are in good nick as they cost a fortune to replace :thumbup:

If its got standard suspension set-up all the better :music:

Also, check its not been ragged by some auld farmer and more dents than my bank account on the underneath.

Anything else just ask :mellow:

Cathy,

Manual S Turbo is the one to go for :o .

Same things to look out for on an impreza tbh ie FSH etc.... but deffo check if it has self levelling rear suspension and if it has make sure the units have been replaced or are in good nick as they cost a fortune to replace :thumbup:

If its got standard suspension set-up all the better :music:

Also, check its not been ragged by some auld farmer and more dents than my bank account on the underneath.

Anything else just ask :mellow:

Thanks Gus :D will do

Thanks will think about that one but not too sure about an auto especially with the deep snow I have to deal with in the winter :thumbup:

in the snow there this winter the car ran a dream, also has a snow setting, so more traction.

with it being an import it does not have the self leveling suspension.

Have to say cathy we bought Gus 's old forester and it's briliant needs a few things brakes and clutch but hey it's just hit the 100k and it drives like a dream it's no slouch either if only my wife who drives it daily would stop trying to destroy it!

Sixth car on the trot for her that's had car park pillar battle damage!!

Buy one cause it's the first car we have bought and we both like it! probably in the new year I'm going to get a newer one maybe the sti!

Neil

Have to say cathy we bought Gus 's old forester and it's briliant needs a few things brakes and clutch but hey it's just hit the 100k and it drives like a dream it's no slouch either if only my wife who drives it daily would stop trying to destroy it!

Sixth car on the trot for her that's had car park pillar battle damage!!

Buy one cause it's the first car we have bought and we both like it! probably in the new year I'm going to get a newer one maybe the sti!

Neil

Thanks Neil B)

I must admit when I saw Gus's for sale a while back I did consider it B) so have kinda looked for one since then and have now had a good offer on my Shogun ( had to twist my arm though as I do like that too B)) so if it does go in the next few days I will be getting one...

Cheers

Cathy