Big Welsh Meet 2010 @ Elan Valley - Sunday 8th August

kjdmk1

Big Welsh Meet 2010 @ Elan Valley - Sunday 8th August

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK guys the Big Welsh Meet 2010 is a GO! This is to be held at the beautiful Elan Valley (Elan Valley) at the Claerwen Dam car park. This is the link to last years event - Big Welsh Meet Sunday 9th August 2009 @ Elan Valley!!!

For those who haven't attended before this is a simple park up and meet event. This is not a thrash through the valleys event and this meet only exists because of this! Elan Valley is unique to our event calender because it is a private estate owned by Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water and therefore permission has to be sought and granted each time we do this!

I have taken responsibility of this event for the past 2 years after the first event was ruined by one or two people. Therefore the following points are important for everyone to read and understand.

1. Speeds are to be kept down to a minimum when entering Elan Valley. Elan Valley is a national speed limit site, however it is a busy public place especially when it narrows to a single track past the visitor center. There is a time and a place for 'av'in a blap' and this is not it.

2. BBQs are allowed, but please bring sufficient means to protect the area from scorching and to take them home with you (water and multiple carrier bags or a box)!

3. Please take all your rubbish home with you! Elan Valley is a privately owned estate and does not have a refuse collection service. If you forget a black bin bag I will have plenty in the back of the 22B!

We raised a cracking £400 for the Wales Air Ambulance last year and I would like to try and do the same this year. So can I suggest a £5 donation to Wales Air Ambulance as an entrance fee?

Only one last thing... Pray for good weather! We have been lucky as hell the last few years so lets try and be lucky again hey.

I can't wait to see you all there, so please put you names down and keep an eye on this thread for updates closer to the time!

Cheers,

1. Richy B

2. Merv

3. Scoobyp1

4. KJD Mk1

5. Blue Dragoon

6. ozz/crew

7. Cannon Fodder

8. SSS

9. welshy12 +1

10. catalunya 172