Whiteline Question.....

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to buy just a set of replacement bolts, nuts & washers for the Whiteline solid rear droplinks?

The droplinks have been fitted to the car for ~5 years and the originals are very corroded. I think the corrosion, especially on the washers, is causing some of the clunks I'm hearing up through the suspension. I've tried cleaning them up and it's much better but really I think replacements are required.

I was also surprised (disappointed?) that the Whiteline rear anti roll bar is also very corroded. All the original grey paint is flaking off and the bar is very rusty. Given the cost of these parts I would have expected better quality.

Cheers, Mark

Can you not just findout the consumables size, whether metric or imperial and buy them from your local motor factor!? Can't see them being spurious parts mate. With the salt on our roads its no wonder they bar has corroded. A nice touch is to remove them and have them powdercoated at your local alloy repair shop.

Car is an 02 STI with new BC coilovers, so it's not the OEM clunking problem.

Yes, there is always eBay, B&Q, etc but wanted to make sure I had the right size, strength, etc.

Fairly sure it's the ARB, droplinks or something closely related because the noise disappeared once I'd disconnected the passenger side droplink.

Also not sure about the wear on the droplink bushes themselves. There seem to be some small cracks / splits, some go right across the bush but none of them seem very deep. How worn out are these and what's the expected lifetime?

Thanks, Mark

post-2796-1260778686.jpg

Edited by Dark

[Hi there

I have the replacement NUTS BOLTS AND WASHERS IN STOCK FOR THE DROPLINKS as we replace them for AWD Customers from time to time.

As for the A/R/B whiteline know about the probelms in the UK with the powder coating of products and have changed this process to stop this from happening anymore.

Hope this helps you

I had to replace mine before i sold the car,

got the Tensile / strong bolts , large washers and nylock nuts all from toolstation.

had to buy a box of 100no bolts but they were only about £8, mucho cheepness..

Fitted them and gave the rest of the box to dunc at hypertech for spares, i will look tonight as i may have kept some.