Prosport Gauges

Hi folks,

I believe from previous posts, some people have used Prosport gauges (can't afford Defis!)

and they seem to be fine.

Looking at getting boost/oil temp/oil pressure.

Waiting to find out if I've missed out on a group buy over on scoobynet where they're getting them

via Xyberautos. I think with 15% discount, the 3 gauges should come in about £97.

What you have guys done with regards the centre pod?

Looking on ebay there are ones going for about £50 but this one

http://www.scoobyparts.co.uk/acatalog/copy..._-_NEW_AGE.html

seems to be the only one I can find that keeps the alarm LED etc.

I believe you can get one that keeps the clock....but that's not an issue.

Also.......sandwich plate........yes/no?

What does it do?

Many thanks,

Richie

I went for Defi's from Japan and got a Zero sport pod that included the clock. Drilled a hole and fitted the alarm LED to the pod.

Sandwich plate was quick and easy way to fit the oil sensors. Linked the boost sensor in using an aquarium tank tee piece.

Edit: retains the clock

Edited by STI Pretender
heres an old thread of mine showing my prosport gauges. I actually spoke with the owner of prosport when i was in Vegas a few years ago and got mine through him with the plates and t piece for the temp sensor (so much easier). Bought the pod from ebay and drilled the hole for the LED alarm.

Noel

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=110398&hl=

Cheers Noel. Yeah, your thread was one of the ones I had read.

Going by your thread, it seemd straightforward enough......are you reading this Stewart :thumbup:

I'm sure I'd read some people saying you didn't need the sandwich plate or that it can be a bad idea??

Apart from buying from America, the only places I seem to have found were ebay or Scoobyparts or Xyberautos in Singapore. Apparently there are no issues with their delivery etc and they're cheaper than the UK.

With regards to pods, I think there was a Zero Sports one that kept the clock, although pretty dear.

The scoobyparts one had the hole for the alarm LED.