How Many Forester Owners Still About Here?

and before i get shot down!!!!..... i know it's an impreza car club for those quick shots out there ;)

back in me day.. there were a few forester owners on here .. just wondering how you rate these as an everyday motor, thinking of getting one rather than an impreza, can't go back to the classic wagon route as it kills me from when i sold mine last year :P so something different me thinks, nothing flash as i'm still counting pennies, 2000 's' turbo ... looking at mpg and overall drivability,

anyone?

i know someone is out there :huh:

would really like to get back to scooby ownership, my old tddi focus just isn't with it. but can't knock it, 55mpg and keeps going on and on..

mark.

Edited by insane clown

I run a 53 plate XT auto as an everyday car keeping the Impreza as a weekend car. I get around 26-27mpg which is mainly open roads, no urban crawling, but I do like to use the revs. A manual would probably do more unless you like keeping it on boost. It's pretty quick for the type of car it is, especially if it has PPP or other tuning (mine doesn't) but then it'll start costing more to run. The turbo makes for easy overtaking, better than the 0-60 times suggest. Very comfortable, mine has all the toys you get with the All Weather pack - sunroof, spots, leather etc. It's obviously not as good round corners, plenty of body roll but hangs on, those fat tyres give a nice ride but are a bit squishy compared to the average Impreza. Remember it's a Impreza on stilts so no bigger inside but with lots of useful cubby holes and storage.

I highly recommend them as a practical and comfortable car but it'll cost lots more than a tddi Focus to run.

If you have any specific question feel free to ask.

thanks for that matey, the mpg was about what i thought, i live a B road and for a good ten mins into work it's very easy to stick your foot down, my old wagon loved it,.. but costing nearly a tenner everyday doing 30 mile,... i tried going sensible but with the power and that burble ...it's gotta go flat out !! .. this is my problem if i got a fozzy, i can't stay sensible and standard, spent 10k on me wagon and miss it like hell. think i'dhave to get 18's on it or at least 17" and lowered suspension, but i won't stop, decat and nice back box for the burble,