Info On Some Mods

Hi

Just bought an apexi ecu and commander this week for my 95 sti type ra i'm looking to get this fitted and mapped for my engine mods. These include a full decat 3", RCM Fuel pump, NGK series 8 spark plugs, K&N Induction Kit. It currently runs a polar performance chip which the previous owner fitted to it and it is probably maxing out my top mount and my standard injectors as it's kicking out around 300BHP.

I'd like to know if I fitted a front mount and maxxed out my td05 would i be better buying 440cc injectors or 550cc injectors. Eventually I'm looking to run a 20G where i'd need 550cc injectors anyway.

Once the 20G is fitted i'd be looking to get the gearbox strengthened as i don't think it'd handle the power. How would you go about this while keeping the ra's gear ratio's.

Hope this makes sense

cheers steve

Edited by steveairdrie

Steve i assume Andy F will be doing the mapping for you when you get the bigger injectors fitted?

I would go straight for the 550's to save having then changed twice and paying for two sets but he would be the best person to ask if they are suitable.

When i had my front mount and apexi power fc fitted i still had the original 380cc injectors and they were maxed out.