Does Anyone Know This Classic

Never seen this car around but for some reason seems familiar :P

has it recently been brought to the island?

Ad says it's a MY99, I would have said more like MY97-98 as it still has the old style bumper but has the updated bonnet, headlights, grill and dash layout. Would be interesting to see under the bonnet to see the location of the coil pack just to confirm.

It could be a version 4 that was not first registered until '99 and the owner is just looking at the log book although they are claiming it is a facelift 99 model, but again it has the old style front bumper as mine did when I got it

Fair play though it looks clean in the pics, not sure about the interior but that is personal taste

milage is not mentioned in the ad

no harm in going for a skeet though

• 1 month later...

sorry for not replying, been mad busy and only just managed to find time to read the forum.

In response,

I was basically looking for a Classic. well acutally I've found one now. Bought just before the Manx Int Rally.

Silver Turbo 2000 (W plate) with 60k miles and PPP.

Things were going well with it , got it through the manx import test with no real issues, needed a tyre and bulb.

Then on the way home from the test one of the rad hoses failed.

Anyway not had the car since, its been down at PACE having some toys fitted :whistle: Full Samco hose kit, new arb front and rear, new poly bushes, exhaust, anti lift kit, new springs and dampers, you name it, its had it, should be quite a sight when it comes back.

Ill post some pics when I get it back. Ian has promised me next weekend and from what I've seen to date he is doing an awesome job.

Hey mate no problem

I knew you had got one, I saw it down at Ians when my car was in there the other week and he was telling me what you were having done.

Ian does do a top job, he has done quite a bit of work on my car now and I cannot fault his work or his rates

Good luck with it mate, now you wont know which car to bring to meets :whistle:

The car is getting close to completion now, with just a few niggles for Ian to sort.

Barty managed to get a photo on his IPhone today when we were down at PACE., so thought I'd post it. Of course I will put more up once the car is finished.

Most of the goodies are actually underneath, might see if Ian will let me photo underneath next time I'm down. All the Whiteline stuff looks pretty sweet.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc264/ctrmint/016a.jpg

016a.jpg

Coming along well mate

I run Whiteline stuff on my car, its good kit

Currently fitted I have

Heavy Duty Steering Rack Mounts

Roll-centre/bump-steer adjust kit

Subframe Lock Kit

Support-lock Bushes on rear diff

Transmission Crossmember Bushes

Race Spec Anti-Lift Kit

Adjustable Front Anti Roll Bar