Coolant Level

I need to bug your brains some more guys.

I had a problem about 2 weeks ago when the top radiator pipe burst on me when I was coming of the motorway, the temp on the Apexi hand unit did not go above 100, I mamaged to get the car home.

I drained the old coolant.

Upon fitting the new pipes to the radiator, I filled the system that evening left it over night to allow the coolant to settle and then checked it the next morning to find it had dropped a little but not much, I topped to up and all was good.

What I notice now after taking the car for a bit of a blast and being in boost some on the coolant is being pushed into the expansion bottle, when I finish a run I do notice the coolant in the expansion bottle is going up and down and has bubbles coming out of it, but no coolant coming out of the expansion overflow pipe.

I took it for a slightly harder run yesterday and when I checked the expansion bottle, there was a drop (and I mean only a tea-spoon amount) of coolant that had come out of the overflow pipe from the expansion bottle.

Anyone got any thoughts on this or what could be causing this???

Head Gaskets….

Air Lock….

Radiator Cap….

Water Pump….

Etc, etc…..

Oh I had the head Gaskets changed about 3yrs ago, when I had the block and heads skimmed, up-graded gaskets used and up-graded to APR head bolts.

Any thoughts Welcome.

Yeah just tried that mate.

From cold there was a little water, putting that down to rain and any condensation in the exhaust. Maybe not a good move and not to be recommended but I tasted some of the water and no coolant taste. :D

When warm there was no water at all.

Alan.

Alright Craig,

As fare as I know I bled / drained it all, I just undone the bottom hose, took that off let the old coolant empty - put the new pipes on and filled through the header tank.

I left about 3/4 inch gap in the top of the header tank to allow for expansion.

Alan.