Wr Sport No. 479

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely looking cars, someone has robbed the Prodrive Rear Spoiler from it though... not surprising as they're like hens teeth and look spot on. If I could find a low mileage WR Sport then it might tempt me back into a Classic Scoob, I'm sure you'll love it.

Cheers,

Grant

It was originally registered to Prodrive but im not sure if it ever had the higher spoiler, not that I mind that is, but someone certainly added the big brake upgrade as this was not part of the original WR Sport package. I was a little hesitant at first considering the mileage, now at 159k but with a full subaru service history and also on the original engine, so I have been told, I just had to buy it. A little tlc is required here and there but im having great fun driving it! Ebay has become my new best friend having just bought new prodrive wheels and prodrive spec bilstein dampers, which I plan to pair with P1 springs. Not that they need replaced but some things on ebay are just too good to miss!! Yeah, the photo was taken at Nobles. Thanks for your comments.

It was originally registered to Prodrive but im not sure if it ever had the higher spoiler, not that I mind that is, but someone certainly added the big brake upgrade as this was not part of the original WR Sport package. I was a little hesitant at first considering the mileage, now at 159k but with a full subaru service history and also on the original engine, so I have been told, I just had to buy it. A little tlc is required here and there but im having great fun driving it! Ebay has become my new best friend having just bought new prodrive wheels and prodrive spec bilstein dampers, which I plan to pair with P1 springs. Not that they need replaced but some things on ebay are just too good to miss!! Yeah, the photo was taken at Nobles. Thanks for your comments.

What brakes has it got? If it's alcon/prodrive it was an optional extra on uk car at over £2000.

Only problem being disks are super expensive

Hi SIDC,

Just bought my first subaru and for my first post, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about my new car - WR Sport No. 479 - S460 YOX. I believe it was originally registered to Prodrive.

Thanks

some cook

Looks good.

Hello and welcome to the forum by the way :lol:

159k... WOW, that car looks like its REALLY been well taken care of.. and with the P1-spec suspension and a few whiteline bits then you'll be blown away by the handling. I just had the Prodrive Handling Pack (Bilstein Shock/Eibach Spring) on my first Scoob and its been the best handling one I've owned.

Cheers,

Grant

Thanks again for the friendly welcome and comments. The prodrive/alcon breaks are brilliant but I cant say im looking forward to replacing them when the time comes. Any ideas on the cheaper alternatives? The handling is superb but whiteline bits you say, ill need to look into that one.

Thanks again for the friendly welcome and comments. The prodrive/alcon breaks are brilliant but I cant say im looking forward to replacing them when the time comes. Any ideas on the cheaper alternatives? The handling is superb but whiteline bits you say, ill need to look into that one.

Yes I have Godspeed 2 piece disks slightly larger in diameter and width although this is part of the kit.

Think they are a similar price to 1 piece Alcons but godspeeds are grooved, thicker so last longer plus when it comes to needing new disks again you only need rotors (the part where your pads touch) which is only £300ish.

Still expensive but nothing near £700 :)

Imprezas are not cheap but in my eyes well worth the money.

Everyone that knows a thing or to about subarus ( not sure if by that they meant the classis turbo ) have told me that I will always be buying bits for it. I bought the car knowing it required some tlc here and there, yes there is a list, but overall its a great car to drive and thanks again for your comments....I thought they would be as much as that, is everything made by alcon so expensive?! It received front prodrive pads at the end of last year so heres hoping I can get some use out of them before the dics need replacing....

car looks minted mate :D

as for the brakes i was quoted around £650 for the alcon discs :)

bought 2 piece discs and ferrodo pads from godspeed for £515 delivered