he still offers them when i phoned him a while ago,hopefully getting steve simpson simtek co-creator to map it so in a light car with fmic i really dont want much lag hence 18g vs20g

martin

Yes it should be great in your car. I had a look round them up at the motorfair. Was yours there or was the white one the demonstrator?

Yes it should be great in your car. I had a look round them up at the motorfair. Was yours there or was the white one the demonstrator?

mine is awaiting engine from engine tuner then iva so should be june

white one is a 240bhp lightweight sprint one while black one was bitz built one

martin

400 is do able with methanol on the 20G, ive heard of people getting over 400 on an 18G as well but still remain to be convinced if the figures are genuine or not, i take it its the 2.1 you have ordered from Alan? this should help the 20G spool better at least, i think coulty from here runs a 2.1 with a 20G and IIRC he`s hitting full boost by 3100 RPM although im not 100%

Martin / Dunk what clutches are you guys going to be using ?

mine already has an uprated clutch AFAIK , dunno WTF its is though was already in the car when i bought it, never had any slip with it on the 20G so far though so its holding out ok :brickwall:

mine already has an uprated clutch AFAIK , dunno WTF its is though was already in the car when i bought it, never had any slip with it on the 20G so far though so its holding out ok :brickwall:

Dunk i asked alan at engine tuner what clutches i should go for and he said EXEDY Hyper Twin cerametallic clutch (£1300) so thats what im going for, alot of pennies but peace of mind it shouldnt slip!!

Jase

Dunk i asked alan at engine tuner what clutches i should go for and he said EXEDY Hyper Twin cerametallic clutch (£1300) so thats what im going for, alot of pennies but peace of mind it shouldnt slip!!

Jase

yea but your aiming for mahoosive BHP levels are you? i`ll be sticking with the trusty old 20G for now at least :brickwall:

yea but your aiming for mahoosive BHP levels are you? i`ll be sticking with the trusty old 20G for now at least :thumbup:

Ah i thought you were changing your turbo aswell, he advised me to go with that cos there rated for up to 500 ft lb.

I will be keeping the 20g for a few months as the GT35-40 and exhaust kit comes to about 2.5k :brickwall:, need to save up more cash for that but at least it means my gearbox and clutch are good for when i go for it!

When your car going to be back on the road dunk?

Feckin hell mate, thats not good!!!!!! my company are hiring mechanics and electricians!!!

wouldent be so bad but ive been sat at home for the last two months waiting for a check in, i got a p45 instead lol

im neither a mechanic or sparky, i can change my brake pads though if that helps :brickwall:

wouldent be so bad but ive been sat at home for the last two months waiting for a check in, i got a p45 instead lol

im neither a mechanic or sparky, i can change my brake pads though if that helps :P

LOL

Well dunk good luck, the oil buisness is picking up again and you will get a job soon no doubt!!! ;)

What do you do offshore and i will keep my eyes pealed for you and pm you if i see anything!!

LOL

Well dunk good luck, the oil buisness is picking up again and you will get a job soon no doubt!!! ;)

What do you do offshore and i will keep my eyes pealed for you and pm you if i see anything!!

mostly drill crew, CRI, skip and ship, HDA, deck crew stuff, TBH im fed up of it anyway, looking elsewhere just now :P

i have a afp 20g, with a few other tweeks incl; gruppe s headers and up pipe, standard top mount.

made 405bhp on 10% meths and NF mix

Now on straight V-power and running about 380bhp

as far as spool, i make 1.5 bar of boost at 3400rpm ;)

I ran a 18g before the 20g, the 20g has much more mid range punch / pulls all the way to you need to change gear,

always thought the 18g ran out of puff

i have a afp 20g, with a few other tweeks incl; gruppe s headers and up pipe, standard top mount.

made 405bhp on 10% meths and NF mix

Now on straight V-power and running about 380bhp

as far as spool, i make 1.5 bar of boost at 3400rpm ;)

I ran a 18g before the 20g, the 20g has much more mid range punch / pulls all the way to you need to change gear,

always thought the 18g ran out of puff-that is interesting to know-still thinking options through