Jim Clark Rally

Hello,

Can anyone recommend good spectator points at the rally (I'll be taking lots of photos). Something with a little (or big) jump would be excellent!! I went last year and ended up staying in the one place all day due to not knowing my way around

Any help/maps would be fantastic!

Neil.

There used to be so many places you could get to with the big jumps but they are well guarded by the marshal's these days and you cannot get near them without press access. I done every Jim Clark from 1998 to 2005, most with full press access and got some great shots but in the end the red tape stopped it all and I've not gone near the last 3 years. If you want big jumps, put a big big lens on and head to Swinton Crossroads, there's also another huge jump on Swinton, about half a mile before the crossroads but you'll need to go cross country on foot to get near it. If the blackadder stage is used there is a moster jump on a hump back bridge too. If you can get stage maps try to look for out the way spots but all the good photo points will be better guarded than Stalag 17.

My friend is a co-driver and will be in The jim Clark. But I won't be going to his house untill the week before so when I get all the stage times and maps I'll put something on here for you guys.

He said the Friday night is a night stage in some town? All Tarmac. I'll get the info from him though

Stoo

Hi All,

You will all need to be in Duns on the Friday night when the National and the Internationals go through the town, they start in the Market Square, head along North St, swing round a hairpin at the end and back along South St, down on the cobbles of Murray St, round 2 roundabouts and then head down towards the Industrial Estate on Station Road where they swing in and go through the Farne Salmon complex, they will then head out of town on the Coldstream/Swinton road - 1.5 miles of pure tarmac heaven!!!!!

The stages on Friday night are;

Stage, 1st car due, Last car due

• Duns N1 20:15 21:05
  • Bothwell 1 20:18 22:04
  • Abbey St Bathens 1 20:50 22:36
  • Duns 1 21:33 ?
  • Duns 2 21:48 22:38
  • Bothwell 2 22:35 23:25
  • Abbey St Bathens 2 23:04 23:54

See you there

Gary

Rallyfever

Edited by rallyfever
Hi All,

You will all need to be in Duns on the Friday night when the National and the Internationals go through the town, they start in the Market Square, head along North St, swing round a hairpin at the end and back along South St, down on the cobbles of Murray St, round 2 roundabouts and then head down towards the Industrial Estate on Station Road where they swing in and go through the Farne Salmon complex, they will then head out of town on the Coldstream/Swinton road - 1.5 miles of pure tarmac heaven!!!!!

The stages on Friday night are;

Stage, 1st car due, Last car due

• Duns N1 20:15 21:05
  • Bothwell 1 20:18 22:04
  • Abbey St Bathens 1 20:50 22:36
  • Duns 1 21:33 ?
  • Duns 2 21:48 22:38
  • Bothwell 2 22:35 23:25
  • Abbey St Bathens 2 23:04 23:54

See you there

Gary

Rallyfever

Hi Gary,

I was intending to park at Eric's on Friday night but i'm unsure what time i'll need to be there for or what road to

take to get there.. I'll be coming from the Musselburgh area..

I've not had a chance to pick up any details as of yet as i've not been near Duns this week.. Any advice would be more than welcome..

Frank.

Hi Gary,

I was intending to park at Eric's on Friday night but i'm unsure what time i'll need to be there for or what road to

I've not had a chance to pick up any details as of yet as i've not been near Duns this week.. Any advice would be more than welcome..

Frank.

Hi Frank,

If your parking at Eric's I would imagine you will be able to get into the town centre anytime, but I would get there early as I think there will be limited numbers allowed in the market Square for the obvious safety reasons, it says on the sheet I got from Colin Pagan the roads close at 19:00 hours so between 6 and 7 would be fine me thinks.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Duns.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Frank,

If your parking at Eric's I would imagine you will be able to get into the town centre anytime, but I would get there early as I think there will be limited numbers allowed in the market Square for the obvious safety reasons, it says on the sheet I got from Colin Pagan the roads close at 19:00 hours so between 6 and 7 would be fine me thinks.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Duns.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary..

I think i'll just come down from Grantshouse then, i just wasn't sure if it was closed from that end of Duns to the house..

I'm sure the last time i spoke to Dale he told me the first car was due through at 21.33 :brickwall: But i'm sure that was from a provisional sheet sent some time ago or possibly we read it wrong.. :thumbup:

Cheers for the heads up mate..

Canny wait !!

Edited by Frank C
Thanks Gary..

I think i'll just come down from Grantshouse then, i just wasn't sure if it was closed from that end of Duns to the house..

I'm sure the last time i spoke to Dale he told me the first car was due through at 21.33 :thumbup: But i'm sure that was from a provisional sheet sent some time ago or possibly we read it wrong.. :crying:

Canny wait !!

Frank, is Erics a pub? :brickwall: might head down on the friday too as working the weekend!!! :D

Frank, is Erics a pub? :brickwall: might head down on the friday too as working the weekend!!! :thumbup:

Na Cathy, It's a guys house i deliver to..He's kindly offered for me to park there...

I'm not sure what the parking will be like down there tbh pal.

ps: Just a thought...will it cost anything to spectate for the Duns SS on Friday night ?

Edited by Frank C
Thanks Gary..

I'm sure the last time i spoke to Dale he told me the first car was due through at 21.33 :brickwall: But i'm sure that was from a provisional sheet sent some time ago or possibly we read it wrong.. :thumbup:

Canny wait !!

Hi Frank,

The Internationals start at 21:33, but the sheet I got from Colin seems to have the Nationals starting at 20:28, which I believe to be correct. If the roads closed from 19:00 I would suggest the near half eight time would make more sense.

Cheers

Gary

Your forgetting we're Scottish :thumbup:

We were hoping you'd buy the first one and you'd mail it to us :D

I bought last years spactator pack and then ended up not being able to make the rally :brickwall:

Knowing how friendly you Scottish lot are I`m sure there`s at least one of you keen to send me the maps :lol:

I`ll buy you a shandy on Friday night :crying:

Neil :lol:

Thanks for all the info so far, really looking forward to this again!

As for buying the spectators pack from the Jim Clark site, I would be very cautious as there is no padlock when you go to enter your credit card details. Not buying from there myself.

Cheers,

Neil.

Hi Gary,

Frank.

Hopefully see more scoobs on the way down on Friday (Gjatz/Sunny Dunny) :brickwall:

Are there any Shell garages round that way for some V-Power?

Nearest one for you will be as you pass through Jedburgh it is on the main A68 as you pass through the town, it is at the far end so you will see it as you are leaving, the next garage after that is Esso which is in Earlston.

There are garages in Duns but not sure what they are I cannot remember.

Thanks

John

Thanks John.

Yeah I come up the A68 and always fill up in Jedburgh then try and make a tank full last till my way home back through Jedburgh.

I just wondered what other Shell station there were as I`ve never seen any.

I remember one year having to make do with a couple of gallons of Esso to keep me going though :D

I did look on the Shell website before I asked but the station location thingy aint working :rotfl:

Neil.