Toll Bridge Charge Heading To Cardiff

bockett

Hi guys

Will be heading to Cardiff on Saturday to cover a callout. A bit out of my range but helping someone out.

I'll be going down the M4 to Cardiff from Oxford. One question is the toll £5.40 (westbound) Also is there anything to watch out for in Cardiff on Saturday (any events etc)

The site is Crichton St CF10 5BT if anyone knows Cardiff and aiming to leave Oxford around 7 ish to beat traffic

Thanks in advance

Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes the bridge toll is £5.40 west bound only, as you approach the tolls watch out for the scamera van he does spend quite a lot of time on the bridge just before the toll plaza, its a 50mph limit .

Not sure if there any events on, I know its rugby international weekend but not sure if Wales are home or away or which date, might be worth checking out as traffic does build up in area.

Other than that should be OK, enjoy your visit :(

Lol

Yeah had a look on the millenium stadium events site and saw nothing.

Thanks for the speed camera heads up. A shame it's work i did think of taking the tools in the scoob but a 200 mile round trip would be no where as practical as my van.

But if i'm impressed might make a return visit in the scoob :(

PS in a small van does that still fall in the £5.40 bracket simular size to say a berlingo certainally not transit size

Lol

Yeah had a look on the millenium stadium events site and saw nothing.

Thanks for the speed camera heads up. A shame it's work i did think of taking the tools in the scoob but a 200 mile round trip would be no where as practical as my van.

But if i'm impressed might make a return visit in the scoob ;)

PS in a small van does that still fall in the £5.40 bracket simular size to say a berlingo certainally not transit size

same as small car i think not sure sorry. :(

That's fair enough will go prepared anyway if it's more.

So if you see a white van flashing you Saturday it'll be me!!

sorry to disapoint you but you will be charged £10.90 for a barlingo van unless you have windows in the back.it always anoys me when i go over in the van and range rovers with caravans only get charged 5.40 its not a fare world.