New Lights :-)

Well have fitted the lights today ........nearly!!!! :) the last bl@@dy bolt to remove on the indicator sheared in half!!!!! Then when i tried to remove the spot to get better access one of them sheared off too :huh: But never mind i am well proud of myself for fitting them :) PS any ideas how to get the remaining part of the bolt out? Can i drill it out or will that wreck the thread for new ones

Thanks

i would try removing other bolt holding spot on, if it snaps too all the better. behind the platic where the fog sits there is a very thin metal square which has nuts welded to it. it will probably be rusty. once all bolts are out it should lift up a bit and then fall off.

you could then get a second hand one or use just normal nuts/bolts with some large penny washers. i got new ones cause im a fussy git. dab of copper grease on reassembly to prevent it happening again.

i would try removing other bolt holding spot on, if it snaps too all the better. behind the platic where the fog sits there is a very thin metal square which has nuts welded to it. it will probably be rusty. once all bolts are out it should lift up a bit and then fall off.

you could then get a second hand one or use just normal nuts/bolts with some large penny washers. i got new ones cause im a fussy git. dab of copper grease on reassembly to prevent it happening again.

I have managed to get the spot off only 2 bolts sheared the one for the indicator and the one below it the other 2 were a bit rusty but eventually got them!! Think thats what was wrong as tried to turn the nuts at the back then realised they were welded on :huh: will have a look tomorrow to see if I can remove the thin metal square.....thanks for that :)

• 2 weeks later...

facelift grill is different shape at end to meet flush with facelift lights. i take it your car is pre 96. 96-98 or 98-00 would suit but theres a slight change in design with botton lip protruding more on later cars.

i think acid was running his old green car with facelift grill and non facelift bonnet but i canny mind right. may have been other way about. send him a pm and see if it fitted alright.

facelift grill is different shape at end to meet flush with facelift lights. i take it your car is pre 96. 96-98 or 98-00 would suit but theres a slight change in design with botton lip protruding more on later cars.

i think acid was running his old green car with facelift grill and non facelift bonnet but i canny mind right. may have been other way about. send him a pm and see if it fitted alright.

Yip its a 95, thanks for your help will give acid a pm and ask him

Cheers :thumbup: