Finally Got The Patriot On The Rolling Road.....

My car has been running fine of late with the exception of some hesitation in 4th and 5th gear on WOT. It was bugging me so I fired The Patriot up to

Wallace Performance for some diagnostic checks. Besides I wanted to know what she ws supposedly producing as claims of 350/350 seemed quite ambitious.

We found no boost leaks in the system and the engine is spot on. We then did some dyno runs and the AFR wasn't looking ideal. Russ then tweaked the map

a tad and we still had the odd misfire at the top end.

They then changed the spark plugs and adjusted the gaps accordingly. After a few more tweaks we had 312 bhp and 293 ft lbs. Prior to that we had recorded more bhp but less

torque ( 320 / 267 ). No more misfires after the plugs were fitted ( thank god as we thought the coilpacks were potentially goosed )

The TD05-16G was making target boost in the mid-range (> 1.5 bar) but not at the top-end. We put this down to the actuator or just turbo fatigue.

Either way I am happy that she is now running sweetly and more importantly safely. It would have been nice to see 350 / 350 but I think that was always a pipe dream on a 16G.

Regardless she pulls real hard and I have plently of oomph for now.

So since I have bought her I have :-

- uprated the brakes all round

- MOT and Tax'd her

- got the engine running safely

- got new alloys n' boots

No I need to get the suspension track worthy. Also bought a new private regi for her L9 BPM which I picked up for only £100. Toy'd with the idea of L555 BAE but prefer a short plate.

Cosmetics can wait but I have a new bumper and fog light covers to fit when I can get time.

Bought a Lambda sensor too as there isn't one currently ( mapped out in the PFC) and she was drinking a fair bit of fuel. Should make a difference when cruising on m'ways etc.

Here are some pics from the day :-

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01589.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01592.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

DSC01594.jpg

Cheers folks

Cal

Nice one Cal...............when is it getting its outing to KH??

Should hopefully be attending this although I have pretty non-track friendly tyres on a present. Will need to get them sorted or I'll be all over the shop !

http://www.sidc.co.uk/shop/product_info.ph...1268951f5042957

Forgot to add that she revs cleanly to 7k unlike a regular JDM WRX ( due to the STi7 JDM engine and RA heads). Coupled with a 5 speed box it should be pretty good on the straights

CGS

Edited by ~ ~ Cal ~~