The 3 Track Challenge

WRX T23

Hi All,

As some of you may already know, I am working in Germany, so whay you may say, well the amount of fuel I am likely to get through over the months to come is going to be staggering.

I find my self within 2hr drive of not 1 but 3 major tracks, NURBURGRING/NORDSCHLEIFE, SPA, AND HOCKENHIEM, having convinced my company to cover my fuel/ferry costs to get the car down here ;) it is with great expectation I look forward to covering my expliots so you all may share in my enjoyment. Hope to find a camera setup out here, so I can show in car footage.

500mtrs from the hotel is a shell station selling V Power Racing 100 Ron at €1.40, so the car is now fully upto speed (this is going to hurt the pocket)

Nurburgring Visit 1.

Paid a visit a few days ago just to update myself of any changes that had taken place since my last visit, to my surprise I was unable to resist the temptation of a couple of laps (Half a tank of fuel) to remind myself what I was about to embark on, no lap times at this time, (all though I did surprise myself) as I will be spending a full day up there next week (SNOW PERMITTING) when the tour starts for real.

Dai

Edited by WRX T23

Nordschleife Visit #2.

Where do I begin, well the most important thing was that myself and the car returned to the hotel as we left, in one piece but I have to say the buzz of pushing your self and the car to the limit has to be tasted by each and every one of you, infact you should make #1 on your xmas wish list.

Can any one tell me how I can post pic`s on here, so i can continue with the story so far.

Dai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will be updating my expliots very soon, to say I learned a lot is a understatement, (based on that, Project 09 has began), but thats another story with which I will start another thread, anyway back to the story so far, I managed to cover a total of 43 laps, of which 9 were flying/timed laps from Bridge 2 Bridge over a period of 2 1/2 months, in between some very hostile weather and work commiments, my target that I had set myself was to visit 3 tracks namely the Nordschliefe, Hockenhiem and Spa, but after a couple of weeks it became apparent this was not going to happen, so I turned my attention to the Nordschliefe, some 49kms from my place of work, there is no better place (for those that take Motorsport News, it was voted the #1 track) to find out if all your hard work/money was well spent and worth it.

Regards, Dai