Hypertech - Great Service

Took the wagon to Duncan at Hypertech today following the 2.5 conversion. What a decent chap. Very friendly, super knowledgeable and sensibly priced.

Rather chuffed with the results - 389 bhp and 401 lbft of torque. I ran three maps with varying degrees of ignition advance but had to keep things sensible as running the standard 5 speed box.

Took the wagon to Duncan at Hypertech today following the 2.5 conversion. What a decent chap. Very friendly, super knowledgeable and sensibly priced.

Rather chuffed with the results - 389 bhp and 401 lbft of torque. I ran three maps with varying degrees of ignition advance but had to keep things sensible as running the standard 5 speed box.

I used them recently for some minor work. The laddie Duncan didn't have much to say (wasn't a particularly interesting job he was doing on my motor to be fair), but I cannae complain about the end result. Give the shop on the left a wee sweep up now and again though guys - presentation etc :thumbup:

Glad to hear you're happy with your 2.5. Mind me asking how much that set you back, all-in?

I used them recently for some minor work. The laddie Duncan didn't have much to say (wasn't a particularly interesting job he was doing on my motor to be fair), but I cannae complain about the end result. Give the shop on the left a wee sweep up now and again though guys - presentation etc :thumbup:

Glad to hear you're happy with your 2.5. Mind me asking how much that set you back, all-in?

I built the engine myself and ordered parts in from Ron at Raw Performance in the states who is amazingly cheap (and helpful with customs). The parts were approx £1750 including shipping and import duty etc for the following.

New Ej257 casing (honed to suit pistons)

CP Pistons

Pauter Rods

Cometic Gaskets

Cossy main bearings

Steve Whitson at SW Motorsport did some chamber work on the Heads for the larger bore which was an additional £100. (He ported these previously on another build of mine)

I was already running a TD05/06 20g, FMIC, GT spec headers and 3 inch exhaust etc from my 2.0L so I re-used most of the ancilliaries and put them on the 2.5.

It pulls like a train!

That sounds like a surprisingly frugal sum for a new engine, particularly of such high spec - great work.

I have a bog-standard WRX 2.5. Wondering how I might go about 'unleashing the beast' once the warranty's expired. The Prodrive PPP seems a tad expensive to me, considering the net gains...

A visit to Andy Forrest is what you need.