Damn Uninsured Drivers

About a week after my car got hit my young uns got hit on a Roundabout in Southampton. The Driver said they would sort it - after 3 weeks of stalling my young un gave up , went to his insurance company and guess what.........................yep the other driver does not have insurance :icon_butt::rotfl::lol: ...............Police have their details now but looks like my young un is going to lose his no claims cos of this and what makes matters worse is that it was a woman who hit his car and she had 2 kids in the car :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Cheers mate - he is 22 - passed his test 4 years ago - had 1 bump a year after passing his test.............he only drives a 1.6 Mondeo ( 15 years old ) so its not worth anything. He drives 20000 plus miles a year and works 6 days a week. Gotta feel sorry for him as his insurance is steep enough already. Hoping that somehow they can get the other driver to cough up the dough to get his car fixed - about £650 worth of damage at the front.

• 3 weeks later...
About a week after my car got hit my young uns got hit on a Roundabout in Southampton. The Driver said they would sort it - after 3 weeks of stalling my young un gave up , went to his insurance company and guess what.........................yep the other driver does not have insurance :thumbup::D:hello: ...............Police have their details now but looks like my young un is going to lose his no claims cos of this and what makes matters worse is that it was a woman who hit his car and she had 2 kids in the car B):P:rotfl:

hi i no how you feel someone hit my scoob on a roundabout last december an wasn`t insured caused 1300.00 of damage that i had to pay out my own pocket and the police wasn`t intrested .

very lucky i got bugger all coppers wasn`t intrested as no one was hurt (wait till i find him ) :thumbup:

funny I have heard about that before, hence if it happens to me (i do about 48k a year so its a matter of when not if lol) i'll make sure something is injured even if its just my wrist!!! But it's unfair you have to pay out, can you not make a claim theough the unisured Loss Bureau?? I recall that WE all pay part of our premium to them to cover this sort of thing, but your insurance company WILL NOT tell you about them!!! You have to do it or traise it with them!

Worth a try.

Unisured drivers should have their cars scrapped, be banned from driving for 2 years AND made to do community service!!! Maybe that way they'd learn!

funny I have heard about that before, hence if it happens to me (i do about 48k a year so its a matter of when not if lol) i'll make sure something is injured even if its just my wrist!!! But it's unfair you have to pay out, can you not make a claim theough the unisured Loss Bureau?? I recall that WE all pay part of our premium to them to cover this sort of thing, but your insurance company WILL NOT tell you about them!!! You have to do it or traise it with them!

Worth a try.

Unisured drivers should have their cars scrapped, be banned from driving for 2 years AND made to do community service!!! Maybe that way they'd learn!

no mate he give a false name and address.

no mate he give a false name and address.

The Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) operate 2 schemes. One for victims of uninsured drivers and the other for victims of untraced drivers.

In your example, and this may seem bizarre, you are concerned with the uninsured drivers agreement. The fact that he gave you a name takes it out of the untraced agreement. Even if he told you he was mickey mouse it doesn't matter.

Go to the website, download an application and send it off. You have nothing to lose, it's free to apply and you won't have to pay their costs if they decide you don't qualify....

Good luck.

Edited by motorlaw