New Boots In Aberdeen

Would just like to give folks in the Abz area a little tip.

I had to get a full set of tyres for the new car and was looking at getting them from Camskill, as I’ve purchased tyres from them before I thought that they would be the cheapest place, not so.

On the rear of the car is a 175/35/18 and was after Goodyear F1’s, these weren’t going to be cheap by any means, but I remembered Sillet Tyres in Holland Street.

Long story short, Goodyear Eagle F1's all round, Camskill quoted 554 with next day free delivery

Sillet quoted 560, balanced and fitted ………………………

Guess where I went? :rotfl:

ooops

just noticed that I typed 175 that should be 275's

:rotfl:

Edited by scientific steve
Would just like to give folks in the Abz area a little tip.

I had to get a full set of tyres for the new car and was looking at getting them from Camskill, as I’ve purchased tyres from them before I thought that they would be the cheapest place, not so.

On the rear of the car is a 175/35/18 and was after Goodyear F1’s, these weren’t going to be cheap by any means, but I remembered Sillet Tyres in Holland Street.

Long story short, Goodyear Eagle F1's all round, Camskill quoted 554 with next day free delivery

Sillet quoted 560, balanced and fitted ………………………

Guess where I went? :rotfl:

Just had a set of 235/35/19s put on the STi. Dunno how long Eagle F1's take to bed in but the car feels like it's moving a hell of a lot more than it did on the Toyos. Am hoping that they do eventually bed in nicely and don't continue to move as much.

BTW, a 175/35/18 is an odd size :rotfl:

Just had a set of 235/35/19s put on the STi. Dunno how long Eagle F1's take to bed in but the car feels like it's moving a hell of a lot more than it did on the Toyos. Am hoping that they do eventually bed in nicely and don't continue to move as much.

BTW, a 175/35/18 is an odd size :rotfl:

bu&&er

:rotfl:

now sorted

Will be keeping an eye on the car over the next few days and see if it's the same as yours, it had Bridgeston Sport and were pretty worn, still felt planted though.

Mind you will all the sunny weather and now rain the roads will be quite greasy the now.

Will be keeping an eye on the car over the next few days and see if it's the same as yours, it had Bridgeston Sport and were pretty worn, still felt planted though.

Mind you will all the sunny weather and now rain the roads will be quite greasy the now.

Yeah, I had Toyo T1R's on mine previously and you could just start to feel them giving on the greasy roads, had no grip on the edges of the tyres at all. Exited the tyre place after getting the F1's fitted and had to hit opposite lock as they gave instantly (didn't think I'd given the car as much of a booting as that :rotfl:). Can still feel them moving about a lot more than the Toyos.

We'll see if they are still the same in a few hundred miles though... had heard a lot of good reports about the tyres so am hoping I'm going to get on with them and don't need to change them (esp after the cost of 4 new 19's).

Been keeping an eye over these last few days

must admit to feeling it moving more so than before,

will be going in for an MOT soon so I'll be getting the tracking and alignment looked at too,

this may make the difference that it needs

Yeah, mine are still moving about under me but not just as much as they were. Getting a bit more used to them. Think it's just that there is so much tread compared to the RE070s and T1Rs that I'm feeling the blocks of rubber moving under it individually rather than as a single move of the tyre if you know what I mean.

Just take a bit more getting used to from new than the likes of the old S02's or S03's, they seemed to be perfect right out of the box.