Trying To Remove Splash Guards. Arrrrrrrrgghh!

been trying to get these off so i can fit my mudflaps on my classic, what a nightmare!! only held on with 2 bolts but can i get them off??!!! dont have the correct size socket been trying with a 8mm spanner and plyers but iv given up. totally pissed off!! looks like im going to have to pay someone to do the job for me. Oh and my paperwork from customs still hasnt showed up so its still sitting on the drive unregistered so i cant drive it. was bad enough waiting on it arriving from japan now its been on my drive for a week and i still cant drive the bloody thing!!!!!! :):D:D

been trying to get these off so i can fit my mudflaps on my classic, what a nightmare!! only held on with 2 bolts but can i get them off??!!! dont have the correct size socket been trying with a 8mm spanner and plyers but iv given up. totally pissed off!! looks like im going to have to pay someone to do the job for me. Oh and my paperwork from customs still hasnt showed up so its still sitting on the drive unregistered so i cant drive it. was bad enough waiting on it arriving from japan now its been on my drive for a week and i still cant drive the bloody thing!!!!!! :):D:D

are thay not just plastinc clips (just drill them oot/ hacksaw off)

are thay not just the pop in clips (looks like a nut but its not?, hold onto the nut and pop the clip off the back off the plastic bolt thing lol).

where abouts are you?

Edited by jodie typeRA

I know what you mean mate.

i put new discs and pads on the rear of the Scoob. As soon as i was ages trying to get the drivers side back wheel off i new i was in for a bad day! :lol:

Ended up taking it up to the local garage and getting the use of the ramps to get the job done. Still took a while. ;)

No patience for working on cars now!! :o

are thay not just plastinc clips (just drill them oot/ hacksaw off)

are thay not just the pop in clips (looks like a nut but its not?, hold onto the nut and pop the clip off the back off the plastic bolt thing lol).

where abouts are you?

im in edinburgh mate. no they are nut/washer job, i dont have the right tools for the job, and tbh im not the best when it comes to stuff like this.

pm me you add..iff your not far away (had an op last week) i might be able to pop down and lend you some tools :lol:

cheers mate. managed to get one off then turns out cant fit the flap as one of the bolts supplied isnt long enough. had enough tbh. will get the garage to fit them when i take it in for its service and exhaust fitting. if the paperwork ever turns up to get it registred!!!! ;)

Edited by jim dbm