Project Wrx ........

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soz to hear about the wings off ebay :rolleyes: have you got that broken wheelnut off the back yet? should be a nice tool when its all done! :driving:

Not touched the wheel nut yet matey, gonna do the rest first !!!!

Should get home tommorrow and get some done then its sat all day too lol

It will be up and running

thats not good news mate.

Its a set back but its ok , gonna run the bug for a little while longer and then get a abw wide arch kit later this year :rotfl: and a colour change if my boss will let me loose in the spray booth at work :rotfl:

Just want the car back on the road for now, im missing shows, meets and track days :lol:

Going to add a splitter to the bugeye for now till i do the front end conversion so was thinking of a couple

what one do you think ??

this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZA-00-03...1QQcmdZViewItem

or this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...rksid=p3907.m29

first one will let even more air to the intercooler and is easier to fit etc which is the one i like

Tony

Edited by Loony Toon

Alright mate, only just noticed this thread your cars looking good by the way and i recon that it will look sweet after the conversion, does all this mean that i'm not likely to get my bonnet for a while then as your keeping yours as a bugeye, the reason i ask this is as i have already bought it i am anxious to get my car booked in for next week to be sprayed up and back on the road. have you inquired at a pair of new wings from your local subaru dealer daft as it might seem i only paid about £75inc vat for a brand new genuine bugeye nsf wing for mine.

Mike

keep up the good work anyway, it'll be worth it in the end

Going to add a splitter to the bugeye for now till i do the front end conversion so was thinking of a couple

what one do you think ??

this

or this

first one will let even more air to the intercooler and is easier to fit etc which is the one i like

Tony

Alright mate, only just noticed this thread your cars looking good by the way and i recon that it will look sweet after the conversion, does all this mean that i'm not likely to get my bonnet for a while then as your keeping yours as a bugeye, the reason i ask this is as i have already bought it i am anxious to get my car booked in for next week to be sprayed up and back on the road. have you inquired at a pair of new wings from your local subaru dealer daft as it might seem i only paid about £75inc vat for a brand new genuine bugeye nsf wing for mine.

Mike

keep up the good work anyway, it'll be worth it in the end

Hey Mike

no i got a spare bonnet so no worries there, was picked up yesterday and should be with you thursday all being well, not got tracking number yet but will pm it to you when i do. The bonnet on its way up to you is SILVER if that helps you B)

As for the front end conversion will have to wait a short while as i want the car on the road and ready for track now the summers here and i dont want to miss out on any :thumbup:

But later this year it will get the works

Tony

what one do you think ??

this

or this

Tony

It's a tough call but i'd go for the first one :boldblue:

• 1 month later...
Guest briandalli

what one do you think ??

this

or this

Tony

The second one is the same as VickyK front spilter. Would still look good which ever one you go for.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new at the moment as Tony has been working away alot and is about to start a new job.

Got a full front end to go on which will be happenning very soon :driving: , also got front and rear anti roll bars and drop links to fit too :thumbup:

Dont worry though will keep you informed of any developments

Pele

good on you tony for doin yourself front mounts are easy to fit its the cutting of the front bumper that is horrible an the injectors cant be to bad api fitted mine an serviced car an mapped while i waited took about 4 hours to do it all :thumbup:

I'll second that!! 3 days of hell and a hell of a lot of bumper bolts left over!!

I'll second that!! 3 days of hell and a hell of a lot of bumper bolts left over!!

Front mount is fitted, kept with the bigger core and lifted it higher so it sat better. Also gives around 30% more face than the newage item :banana: The blob eye front end is lower and with the addition on a front splitter will hide it all nicely :D

Not done injectors as they are a pain in the a*** to get too, will get the car running and get it to someone in the know :driving:

All the panals are ready to get sprayed just got to find the time ( and a van ) to take them to the sprayer :thumbup:

So hopefully wont be long till its running and off my drive !!!!

Pele

Good luck Pele with the injectors, they are a real pain to fit, just make sure you seat them correctly or they will leak!

It might be worth you getting them ultrasonically cleaned and balanced ( if they are not new ) also check the pintle caps and have these replaced, plus new o-rings.

Done it a few times on the rally car and it can be a real nightmare.

Arron.

Good luck Pele with the injectors, they are a real pain to fit, just make sure you seat them correctly or they will leak!

It might be worth you getting them ultrasonically cleaned and balanced ( if they are not new ) also check the pintle caps and have these replaced, plus new o-rings.

Done it a few times on the rally car and it can be a real nightmare.

Arron.

I won't be doing it lol :( I'll give it to some one who knows what they are doing - car uses enough fuel as it is without leaking it everywhere lol :D Nice to see you got the rally car up and running again, we saw you the other day in Northfleet in it.

Pele